HVAC Technician Apprentice - Austin, TX
Company: Trane Technologies
Posted on: June 10, 2021
At Trane Technologies®
we Challenge Possible. Our
brands – including Trane®
and Thermo King®
- create access to cooling
and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and
perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less
environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon
emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly
challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Why Trane Technologies Is The Best
Company for HVAC Field Technician Apprentices:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC
and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program
including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are
highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry
(we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM)
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and
sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed
laptop, and smart phone
As a HVAC Field Technician
Apprentice, you will be primarily responsible for assisting HVAC
Field Technicians in the installation and repair of environmental
control systems, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory,
control systems, pipe fitting, and structural layouts. Trane
Technologies affords you the opportunity to work directly for a
leading manufacture giving you access to technical support,
training on newest technology and comprehensive career paths with
opportunity for growth. In this position you will establish
maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors and
co-workers through effective oral and written communication skills
via phone, computer, and face to face. You will perform scheduled
and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspections, site
surveys, and service requests including replacement, and
modifications of equipment or systems as needed or requested by
customers. Responsible for assisting and learning end to end
testing, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned
- Represents the company by learning to serve as the direct
customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and
equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by
identifying, examining, diagnosing and repairing equipment and
systems at customer’s location.
- Coordinates with supervising field technician/project manager
and customer to precisely understand requirements for all on-site
installation and repairs by forecasting issues, gathering materials
and synchronizing on-site work.
- Uses cutting edge software and technology, along with a variety
of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications,
to diagnose and repair units.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and
maintains security and accountability of company issued and
procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining
flexibility to work overtime and weekends as the business requires,
including occasional overnight stays.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent, or certificate of
completion from an accredited technical school is required. Prefer
2 plus years of experience in HVAC. Technical School or formal
training is preferred.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working
proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12
months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but
not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years.
- Hit Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or
multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the
previous 3 years.
- EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler
Operator, Gas Installer etc.).
Additional Requirements and
- Must be able to safely and legally operate a vehicle using a
- Must be able to wear helmets, safety goggles, fall protection
harness and safety boots to safely perform job duties
- Must be able to twist the trunk of your body 90 degrees in each
- Must be able to squat and touch the floor with both hands
- Must be able to reach your hands over your head
- Must be able to stand on concrete surfaces for extended
periods, routinely up to 4 hours
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of
hands, fingers, walking, stooping, kneeling and climbing
ladders. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move
up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. and
occasionally lift and/or move more than 40 lbs.
- Must be able to safely use a ladder with a 350 lb. total weight
limit, while carrying equipment of 50 lbs. or less
- Must be able to maneuver confined access areas, as small as 30”
vertical x 45” horizontal
- Must be able to comfortably and routinely access rooftops with
extension and/or fixed ladders at heights of 15’ to 20’, and
occasionally, up to 50 feet +
- This role may be exposed to variable weather conditions, moving
mechanical parts, heights, risk of electrical shock, noisy
operating equipment and other variable environmental conditions
based on location
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and
programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional
and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is
inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving
customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s
possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our
communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify,
national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Austin , HVAC Technician Apprentice - Austin, TX, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!