Company: Dover Corporation
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Job Requisition ID: 36719
Department: Manuf. & Operations (DEPT_MFGOP)
Dover Fueling Solutions (DFS), comprised of the most trusted
names in the fuel industry, are global leaders in driving
innovation for over 100 years. DFS, the industry's 1st end-to-end
fueling solution, provides advanced fuel-dispensing equipment,
including systems and payment, automatic tank gauging and wet
stock-management solutions. The DFS business is comprised of
industry leading brands including Tokheim, Wayne Fueling Systems,
Fairbanks, ProGauge, ClearView and OPW Fuel Management Systems. We
lead every market we serve with focused expertise, progressive
thinking and customer-inspired innovation in order to push the
boundaries of performance for our customers and shareholders. To
learn more about DFS, visit www.doverfuelingsolutions.com. DFS is
part of the Fluids segment of Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV).
The Supervisor, Warehouse will work in a team-based
manufacturing environment performing a wide variety of tasks in the
Warehouse including, but not limited to, overseeing shipment and
receipt of goods while maintaining a team environment that sets a
high expectation on Safety and Quality. Must be able to interact
and work with peers on common goals, and be flexible in managing
day-to-day operations in scheduling, staffing and productivity.
To be successful as a Warehouse Supervisor you should be
experienced in optimizing warehousing processes and be an effective
team leader. An outstanding Warehouse Supervisor should be
dependable and have excellent organizational and time management
- Managing, evaluating and reporting on warehouse
- Tracking and coordinating the receipt, storage, and timely
delivery of goods and materials.
- Checking orders, bills, items received, inventory, and
deliveries for accuracy.
- Supervising warehouse staff and daily activities manage time
cards and work schedules.
- Direct, assist, and train assigned personnel in proper
receiving and inventory pick, procurement, and delivery methods and
procedures to support internal customer orders
- Ensure all transactions are completed daily
- Ensure proper and accurate accounting of all inventories and
reconcile as necessary
- Root cause, clear pending transactions and discrepant move
- Ensure location audits and cycle counts are completed as
- Coordinate as required scheduling of inbound freight
- Actively involved in process improvement, lean manufacturing
practices, and associated documentation using a teamwork approach
to problem solving. Establish and track meaningful and measurable
goals that support the operation's goals and mission.
- Practice safe work habits to ensure an injury-free environment;
actively involved with safety audits, near miss/first aid reports,
safety hazard training, and Safety 10 Commandments
- Maintain ISO standards within the zone
- Set an example for the team by providing excellent customer
service to internal/external customers
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Degree in business, management, logistics or a related field
- 3+ years of experience leading group of Warehouse / Receiving
- Minimum 5 years of experience operating stand-up, pallet jacks,
sit-down forklifts, and narrow aisle wire guided picking and
- Minimum 5 years of experience in picking and receiving.
- Ability to perform well in a self-directed atmosphere
- Basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing techniques or a
willingness to learn
- Understanding of picking and shipping documents, i.e. pick
list, packing list, bill of lading
- Previous experience with hand-held RF terminals
- Time management skills and the ability to delegate.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data entry software.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Experience using the Oracle Enterprise system
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
Reporting to this position: Warehouse Team Captain / Material
Handlers / Fork-Lift Operators
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without discrimination on the basis of race, colour,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic
information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States :
Texas : Austin
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segment: Manager, Packing, Warehouse, Warehouse Manager,
Database, Management, Manufacturing, Technology
Keywords: Dover Corporation, Austin , Supervisor, Warehouse, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!