Security Engineer, Digital Forensics
Company: Google Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical
- 4 years of experience with digital forensic analysis.
Experience with the threat landscape including attack types and
- Experience with security of two or more operating systems (e.g.
Android, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows).
- Coding/scripting experience in one or more general purpose
- Experience with, and detailed understanding of, digital
forensics and incident response tools such as GRR, Rekall, plaso
(log2timeline), The Sleuth Kit (TSK), libyal, Guidance Encase,
AccessData FTK, X-Ways Forensics, Cellebrite, Volatility, Mandiant
- Experience with reverse engineering or firmware analysis.
- Experience with digital forensics as part of legal proceedings
(e.g. evidence handling, affidavits, testimony)
- Coding proficiency in Python, Go, C/C++ and/or Java.
- Demonstrated competence communicating forensic findings to
leaders, legal, or the public.
About the job
Security is at the core of Google's design and development
process: it is built into the DNA of our products. The same is true
of our offices. You're an expert who shares our seriousness about
security and our commitment to confidentiality. You'll collaborate
with our Facilities Management team to create innovative security
strategies, investigate breaches and create risk assessment plans
for the future. You believe that providing effective security
doesn't come at the expense of customer service - you will be our
bodyguard (and our long lost pal).
The Forensics team's core responsibility is to investigate
potential information security incidents across Google and Alphabet
environments. Members of the team are involved in surfacing and
conveying the facts, analyzing root causes and trends of incidents,
and working closely with engineers to fix systemic issues. The team
builds forensic tooling in support of this goal.
This role will give you the opportunity to perform forensic
investigations, investigate potential insider risk cases, external
threats, and other risks to Google and Alphabet, in addition to
building forensics tools. Scale is a key factor within Google, this
means you will be pushing limitations of existing tooling. As part
of the Forensics team, you will actively participate in building
advanced, large scale, and sometimes highly custom, digital
forensic tooling to analyze malicious activity on Google's
networks. The focus of our tooling is both internal and open
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built
by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From
developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next
generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio
possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love
voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them.
We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the
best and fastest experience possible.
- Participate in a 24/7 global operation that handles Digital
Forensics for Google's security and privacy events
- Evidence collection, dead-box forensics, live/remote analysis,
forensic log investigations, DFIR engagements, insider and external
- Participate in and lead large-scale incidents requiring
parallel investigations, executive communications, reports, and
- Contribute to Google's open source and internal forensic
- Develop new solutions to solve complex forensic and security
problems such as: automation, forensics at scale, reversing file
formats, analyzing new filesystems, intuitive security frontends
Keywords: Google Inc., Austin , Security Engineer, Digital Forensics, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!