Software Developer IV
Company: Charles Schwab Corporation
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Software Development Engineer creates user information
solutions by developing, implementing and maintaining Java based
components and interfaces. Write well designed, testable, efficient
code and ensure designs follow specifications. Will prepare and
produce releases of software components. Will support continuous
improvements by investigating alternatives and technologies and
presenting these for architectural review. Supports users by
developing documentation and assistance tools. Completes
applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules
and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting
development and production problems across multiple environments
and operating platforms. Must have hands on experience in designing
and developing applications using Java EE platforms. Object
Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns is a
must. Experience in developing web applications using at least one
popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC). Experience
with test-driven development.
This role is all about getting the job done, so you have a
can/will do mentality about all tasks associated with getting
phenomenal code out the door. You will be a Developer on the team
and also a liaison with the teams identified above, partnering
closely with them to ensure on-time delivery and quality code is
implemented. Your work will impact the success of the project and
the firm by ensuring a successful delivery of these critical
What you are good at
- Write quality code using modern design patterns and practices
- Estimate work leveraging Agile story points in accordance with
- Participate in the evolution of the team's Agile practice.
- Participate in all team rituals (Daily Standups, Planning
Meetings, Sprint Review meetings, Grooming sessions.)
- Partner with architects and leadership to create robust
- Participate in peer code reviews, upholding the development
standards of the team.
- Understand the key business functions, Service Level
- Partner with Operation Support teams to deploy solutions,
following release management practices.
- Work with the Operations Support team to ensure transparency
between organizations and provide quality post release support for
our business partners.
What you have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 6+ years of experience with design and development of java/JEE
applications including the following: Java, Spring framework, Web
Services (REST, SOAP) supporting high volume transactions in a
highly available environment.
- 6+ Years of experience with tools like Junit, ANT, MAVEN,
Eclipse, RAD, SVN, GIT.
- 2+ years of experience in a continuous integration and
continuous delivery model
- Angular, RabbitMQ and PCF experience.
- Proficient in developing Visio diagrams, architectural and
design documentations, functional and technical specifications,
automated test process.
- Ability to research and document production and test
environments along with architecture and design work.
- 5+ years of experience in Distributed Databases; SQL, MongoDB,
- 3+ years of experience with Agile methodology and Agile working
environment and tools such as JIRA and other Atlassian tools.
- Ability to effectively engage subject matter experts and
understand technical topics.
- Ability to work effectively with technical and business
- Willingness and ability to learn all aspects of test data
management and associated tools.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems creatively.
- Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external
stakeholders including offshore teams and manage offshore
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Keywords: Charles Schwab Corporation, Austin , Software Developer IV, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!