Ready Mix Truck Driver (Hutto)
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Job ID: 299419
Texas Concrete is a locally-based construction company and
building materials supplier, which is a A CRH Company, the largest
asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Texas
Concrete is part of CRH's growing Texas-based network of 47
locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
Starting pay will be based on years of mixer experience
The Ready Mix Driver position is responsible for the
transportation of ready mix concrete to construction projects,
company owned facilities or various customers. This is a skilled
position involving the safe and efficient operation of ready mix
trucks. Deliveries will be made in both industrial and residential
areas. Work will be performed per the supervisor's instruction,
free from direct supervision except for more complicated jobs.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate
documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines.
- Load and unload equipment of materials.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle.
- Maintain daily vehicle mileage logs.
- Properly follow all company policies and procedures to ensure a
safe working environment.
- Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions.
- Assure product quality to the best of ability.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer
major problems to the supervisor.
- Keep vehicle clean and in orderly condition.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree
- Minimum of 2 years experience driving mixer truck
- Must have a valid driver's license and must maintain a CDL A or
CDL B license.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass DOT physical, drug screen and criminal background
- Must possess valid DOT medical card.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must display a professional and courteous attitude to
co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must maintain current driver's license that meets state
requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with air brake
endorsement, possible hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- MVR must meet company and DOT standards.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment
(PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by
OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but
not limited to, for this position is: Hard Hat, Safety (hard toe)
Shoes, and Safety Glasses.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Must have the ability to learn operational knowledge and skills
of mixer truck and related equipment to be operated.
- Must have the ability to read, write and do basic mathematical
calculations in order to keep time and material records, and read
blueprints or other project documents.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a
variety of working conditions.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as
being able to work independently with attention to detail.
- Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill
and the exercise of one's own judgment.
- Must be familiar with securing heavy equipment and other
- Ability to professionally interact with customers, collect
payments and assist with issues that may arise.
- Ability to operate various types of heavy equipment that may
include but not limited to Truck/Car, Ready Mix Truck,
Loader/Backhoe, and Haul Truck.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Job requires climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, frequent
lifting of extensions chutes, stretching, sitting/driving, shifting
gears, and covering/uncovering load when applicable.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate
objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl,
talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance,
peripheral, depth, and the ability to focus.
- Must be able to exert up to 10-20 lbs. constantly to move
objects, 25-50 lbs. of force frequently, and 50-100 lbs. of force
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical
parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and
risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be
loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended
to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria
necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be
assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to
modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North
America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the
hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid
to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas
family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a
rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply
today! Please complete your online application and profile which
will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you
for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Texas Concrete is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on
Date Posted: May 28, 2021
Keywords: CRH, Austin , Ready Mix Truck Driver (Hutto), Other , Hutto, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!