Outdoor Adventure Guide - Full-Time - $500 Signing Bonus
Posted on: June 9, 2021
More than a spa resort, health retreat, or luxury hotel, Miraval
Austin is an unrivaled wellbeing space that puts purpose and people
at our core, serving as a catalyst for changing lives and
celebrating individuality.Miraval Austin is currently looking for
an Outdoor Adventure Guide. Under the general direction of the
Outdoor Adventure Lead, the primary goal of this position is to
facilitate safe, meaningful and fun outdoor experiences. The guide
should be competent in leading hikes ranging in difficulty and
distance, guiding and instructing mountain bike rides and classes,
facilitating high and low ropes challenge course activities, as
well as instructing climbing wall, archery, hatchet throwing
classes and other Outdoor Adventure Programs.
As part of the Hyatt and Miraval family, we offer a complete
benefits package including -
- Paid time off for full-time colleagues.
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time
- Free parking and colleague meal.
- Complimentary and discount Hyatt nights.
- Use of facilities, ability to participate in classes, and
discounts on Spa services.
- 401(k) and ESPP.
Miraval Austin's Life in Balance Spa is honored to receive not
only one, but two distinguished awards in 2020 - North America's
Best Resort Spa and Texas' Best Resort Spa. We are seeking
candidates who are driven and committed to helping us achieve
continued success. Miraval colleagues work in an environment that
demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it
is career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work
environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready
Miraval Austin demonstrates a relentless commitment to a
creating a safe working environment for all colleagues and guests
with comprehensive protocols and training. Current procedures in
our spa include:
- Accredited as a Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR
Facility which recognizes Miraval Austin as a showcase example of
commitment to ensuring a clean, safe, and healthy environment for
our employees, customers, and stakeholders.
- Guests are temperature checked in advance of all spa
- All Colleagues required to complete a wellness screening and
temperature check upon arrival for their shift.
- All colleagues required to wear masks at all times, in addition
to other PPE (gloves, smocks, faceshields, etc.) as required by
Guests must wear masks inside (with minimal exceptions) and
outside if they are not able to socially distance.
The Outdoor Adventure Guide must have an interest in and
knowledge about the natural world, including the Texas Hill
Country, or a curiosity to learn about our natural habitat. This
person must have strong interpersonal skills, strong customer
service skills, strong group management skills, and strong critical
thinking and problem solving skills. They also need to have the
ability to be flexible in regards to scheduling and daily duties.
Personal interest in outdoor adventure pursuits, including
extensive hiking experience, mountain biking experience, climbing
experience and a knowledge of rope systems.
- Facilitation and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented, creative, and flexible
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as a team
- Excellent presentation and teaching skills
- Climbing ability and comfortable working at heights of 30-50ft
to include traversing cables
- Must be technically proficient with ropes, helmets, harnesses,
hardware and several belay techniques
- Regional knowledge of outdoor venues and resources
- Ability to perform and facilitate all activities related to
- Hike 3-4 mile/hour pace, miles ranging from 2-14 miles
- Mountain biking, 10-15 mile/hour pace, miles ranging from 5-20
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and
- Must be able to work outside in all types of weather
Education and/or Experience
- Proficient knowledge of Miraval Philosophy and Mindfulness
- Five years of experience in facilitation and/or guiding outdoor
adventure programs preferred
- Five years guiding experience hiking and mountain biking
- Five years of experience in facilitation of High and Low Ropes
- ACCT Facilitator Level II preferred
- First Aid/CPR
- Wilderness First Aid and Wilderness First Responder
- Lifeguard certification training required for facilitating
Training in facilitating SUP and kayaking required for
facilitating water activities
Keywords: Hyatt, Austin , Outdoor Adventure Guide - Full-Time - $500 Signing Bonus, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!