Gas Systems Engineer
Company: Samsung Electronics America Inc
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most advanced
semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world with more than
3,000 employees and 2.45 million square feet of floor space.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor has broad semiconductor process
technology offerings serving customers in various application areas
including mobile, consumer, networking/high performance computing,
Internet of Things, RF and automotive. Since 1996, SAS has invested
approximately $17 billion in its Austin, TX campus, making it one
of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a US-based subsidiary of Samsung
Electronics Co., Ltd. The Austin facility is one of the few
semiconductor plants the company has outside South Korea. Visit
SAS is focused on being the World's Best Foundry product
Role and Responsibilities
Job Summary / Overview:
GCS Engineer will provide expertise and project ownership for
Gas systems, safety and quality standards and improvements for
those systems. Engineer will interact with on-site contractor team
and design/construction teams. Engineer will provide priority
alignment and execution oversight while communicating progress
Specific Job Duties:
- Gas equipment and systems monitoring and management including
sustaining operations, maintenance, and process & equipment
- Direction and oversight of a large embedded contractor
- Evaluation of process requirements and specification of new gas
delivery systems as required.
- Daily interface with FAB engineering providing technical
support, supply issue resolution, and gas stops and starts as
- Future scenario planning support including infrastructure
budget and schedule forecasting, utilization and capacity data
analysis, and reporting.
- Project management for design, budget, contractor selection,
mechanical & electrical construction, equipment installation &
qualification of new gas delivery systems.
Skills and Qualifications
Education, Training, Certification(s) and Minimum # Years
- BS degree in mechanical or chemical engineering, or related
- > 3 years of chemical, gas delivery systems operations
experience and safety and HPM expertise.
- Basic understanding of Specialty and bulk gas operation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Software, and Tools:
- The candidate must demonstrate strong leadership skills
required to interface with stakeholders across the SAS Facilities,
Engineering, Contract Gas & Chemical Operations, and Construction
organizations to both sustain regular operations and complete large
scale expansion projects.
- The candidate must be familiar with data analysis related to
flow rates, pressures, and consumption trends.
- The candidate should also be able to perform data analysis
related to system capacity, schedule and, cost of expansion for
report outs, presentations, and approval reports.
- Familiarity with gas delivery systems troubleshooting and
strong mechanical aptitude.
- Familiarity with design and installation of gas and chemical
equipment including piping systems and facility support
- Strong data analysis, troubleshooting, teamwork, and
- Aptitude and desire to learn new skills.
- Six Sigma certification and/or use of LEAN improvement tools a
- Ability to thrive in a multi-culture environment.
- Previous supervisory role over technical staff is desired.
- Experience in managing and leading projects including
design/specification, bidding, and field coordination.
- Aptitude for documentation and data analysis.
- FAB engineering experience in semiconductor is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including
- Ability to work overtime / on non-scheduled days as
defaults according to your location. You can change
Country/Language at the bottom of the page. If you are European
Economic Resident, please click here.
- Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are
committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal
Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race,
color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran,
genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Samsung Electronics America Inc, Austin , Gas Systems Engineer, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!