Senior Technical Application Specialist
Company: Epicor Software Corporation
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Senior Technical Application Specialist
We're here for the hard-working businesses that keep the world
turning. They're the companies who make, deliver, and sell the
things we all need. They trust Epicor to help them do business
better. Their industries are our industries, and we understand them
better than anyone. By working hand-in-hand with our customers, we
get to know their business almost as well as they do. Our
innovative solution sets are carefully curated to fit their needs
and built to respond flexibly to their fast-changing reality. We
accelerate every customers' ambitions, whether to grow and
transform, or simply become more productive and effective. That's
what makes us the essential partners for the world's most essential
About the Role:
The Technical Application Specialist, Sr is responsible for
trouble shooting, diagnosing, and repairing diverse issues
combining strong technical, communication skills and advanced
business knowledge. Proactively recommends process
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for solutioning escalated issues with minimal
supervision and communicates to the customer via phone, email or
chat through customer-centric interpersonal skills and providing
technical product knowledge.
- Follows procedures to troubleshoot client-server software
application issues at the highest level that may involve Microsoft
SQL, web servers, credit card payment terminals, network printers,
and Android/IOS devices.
- Stays up-to-date with software updates and/or changes to be
able to provide timely and accurate solutions to customers.
- Resolves customer concerns raised during installation,
operation, maintenance, or compatibility matters.
- Conducts specific performance or functional tests associated
with resolving issues.
- Develops processes and techniques to gather, track and triage
issues; assess their validity and routes to the appropriate
- Ability to recognize trends and patterns between diverse case
descriptions and foresee future problems.
- Proactively recommends process and strategy improvements and
works with other team members to obtain solutions
- Contributes and uses department's knowledge base articles and
- Coaches and mentors other team members ensuring consistency and
high standards for customer service.
- Specializes in key areas of the software including specific
third-party software packages.
What You Need to Succeed:
- 5+ years' experience supporting POS software (Purchasing,
Inventory, Logistics, Counter sales, etc.)
- 3+ years supporting enterprise level software (Supporting
Client / Server software)
- Experienced in supporting Retail Accounting methodology
- Working Knowledge of Network Protocols, Network Services,
Hardware, Applications (Windows/Linux Based), XML, HTML, etc.
- Working Knowledge of Linux command usage
Additional Skills That Could Set You Apart:
- Programming Experience for POS / Mainframe systems (COBOL
- Implementation experience for POS systems
- Experience with Automotive Aftermarket (Catalog, Cores,
- Experience supporting basic Windows Networking and
- Experience supporting eCommerce Solutions (Business to Business
or Business to Consumer)
- SaaS or e-Commerce experience
Why You Should Click Apply:
With almost five decades of industry experience, Epicor is the
leader in Enterprise Resource Planning. Now is an exciting moment
of transformation for our teams as we are well on our way to
becoming the cloud vendor of choice. As we work to enable a world
of better business through the power of collaboration, you will
haveall new opportunitiesfor internal mobility,to develop and
sharpen your skills, and to work interdepartmentally on a global
level. Check out what some of our employees are saying about
internal mobility at Epicorhere.
Keywords: Epicor Software Corporation, Austin , Senior Technical Application Specialist, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!