Materials Team Captain
Company: Dover Corporation
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Job Requisition ID: 35101
Department: Manuf. & Operations (DEPT_MFGOP)
Dover Fueling Solutions (DFS), comprised of the most trusted
names in the fuel industry, are global leaders in driving
innovation for over 100 years. DFS, the industry's 1st end-to-end
fueling solution, provides advanced fuel-dispensing equipment,
including systems and payment, automatic tank gauging and wet
stock-management solutions. The DFS business is comprised of
industry leading brands including Tokheim, Wayne Fueling Systems,
Fairbanks, ProGauge, ClearView and OPW Fuel Management Systems. We
lead every market we serve with focused expertise, progressive
thinking and customer-inspired innovation in order to push the
boundaries of performance for our customers and shareholders. To
learn more about DFS, visit www.doverfuelingsolutions.com. DFS is
part of the Fluids segment of Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV).
- Foster an environment that empowers and holds employees
accountable for maintaining a safe work environment; monitor and
enforce all safety procedures, PPE, 5S, and continuous improvement
- Support the 2Bin system process
- Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the
efficient operation of the function.
- Owns the Tier 2 boards keeping them updated to support
management team for strategic decisions.
- Adapt and react quickly to changes based on Customer delivery
- Analyze and resolve work problems, through assisting material
handlers for continuous improvement.
- Support managers on the employee performance reviews.
- Owns the employees timecards controls.
- Recommend training and development of existing personnel
- Work with the maintenance department to ensure all production
machines are repaired and promptly ready.
- Take the lead in resolving quality issues and problems.
- Ensure inventory accuracy on production floor, partner with
warehouse to resolve inventory issues.
- Recommend process improvement measures for cost reductions to
improve material handling methods, equipment performance, quality
of products and working conditions.
- Owns the 5S program (organization of tooling, work stations) in
- Champion the company's Vision, Mission and Culture
Characteristics in every action and decision.
The successful candidate will have/possess:
- Experience in a materials / logistics roles
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- A leadership style that is inclusive, communicative and data
- Recognized by peers as a technical leader
- Customer focused, both internal and external
- Ability to collaborate in a cross-functional team
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple
complex situations daily
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Oracle and Microsoft Office suite of tools,
including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- High School Diploma or equilivent
- 3+ years of experience leading teams
- Ability and willingness to stand for a minimum of 8 - 12 hours
per day, and lift up to 40lbs unassisted as required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without discrimination on the basis of race, colour,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic
information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States :
Texas : Austin
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segment: Warehouse, Oracle, Database, Business Process,
Manufacturing, Technology, Management
Keywords: Dover Corporation, Austin , Materials Team Captain, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!