Service Site Technical Manager
Company: Apple Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The people here at Apple don't just create products - they build
the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's
the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the
innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing
technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple,
and help us leave the world better than we found it!
Apple is seeking an experienced engineer to support AppleCare's
Repair Centers. In this role, you will be responsible for technical
operations and engineering support high-volume repair sites. You
will partner with AppleCare and Operations engineering teams to set
up and drive sustaining performance at a Repair Center, supporting
a world class customer experience to drive for product solutions,
increase line efficiency and control product quality. Take
ownership of ramping and sustaining to ensure production line is
ready in terms of facilities, equipment, process and capacity so
that production plan can be met.
You have a demonstrated track record of managing or supporting a
fast-paced service or production operation. You'll have experience
driving both strategic and tactical initiatives, and providing
status to peers, executive management and 3rd party relationships.
You possess excellent communication skills and are able to
effectively interact across multiple levels in the organization.
The ability to both work independently and as part of a large cross
functional team is essential. You're passionate about manufacturing
and seeking the best possible outcome at every opportunity.
- 3+ years experience of manufacturing, process, or quality
engineering in high-volume consumer electronics manufacturing
- Exceptional focus on the customer experience
- OEM management in a technical capacity
- Ability to work independently
- Strong working knowledge of failure analysis processes, tools
and techniques for consumer electronics preferred
- Experience in root cause analysis and corrective action plan
development and execution
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities in a
data-driven and results oriented manner
- Experience auditing compliance to required processes to assure
safety, quality, customer satisfaction, and efficient
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of statistics, and experience using quality
methodologies such as design of experiments, statistical process
control, sampling strategies, FMEA, and GR&R
- Experience defining Incoming Quality Control (IQC), Outgoing
Quality Control (OQC) and field quality performance data to drive
quality and efficiency improvements
- Lean manufacturing training or experience preferred.
- Solution focused work ethic with a high degree of flexibility
supporting multiple projects of varying complexity and
- Working knowledge of any of the following systems: Agile, SAP,
Tableau, JMP and shop floor systems knowledge is a plus
The Site Technical Manager (STM) will monitor, maintain and
drive improvements in high volume screening and repair solutions at
contract manufacturer sites in the Americas. You'll join a team of
STMs tasked with driving innovative new service processes that will
set the bar for quality in the service industry, while reducing our
environmental impact, and improving the cost efficiency of service.
- Manage all site technical process performance and KPIs, including
test, inspection, quality, and repair processes. - Investigate site
technical issues, from identification and root cause to a working
solution. - Manage DOE cycles and development builds, repair line
and process qualification - Maintain globally consistent processes,
including line, equipment, headcount, process, quality and material
plans. - Implement and validate process changes. - Find
opportunities for process and quality improvement. - Support
investigation and resolution of escalations by channel, escalation,
and executive teams.
Education & Experience
- BS/MS in engineering discipline (manufacturing, industrial, or
- Dedicated support for AppleCare RC and DC sites.
- 50% of travel between sites would be required. Locations
include and not limited to: Canada, Colombia, Brazil, Mexico,
China, and domestic sites.
Keywords: Apple Inc., Austin , Service Site Technical Manager, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!