There are many things to consider when deciding on your next
employer. Do you want a job where you earn a paycheck? Or do you
want a CAREER with a company that values their employees as well as
the communities that they are in? At BancorpSouth we are more than
just a work place. We are a company that prides itself on values
and the people that we employ. Start your search for a career with
Position: Lending Assistant
Physical Location: 5501 Highway 290 West, Suite A, Austin, TX
Reports To: Branch Manager
Working Conditions: Normal, no adverse or hazardous
Job Group Category: Non-Exempt
Work Hours: 8:00 to 5:00
Assist loan officers within retail bank locations in the
preparation, set up and processing of consumer and commercial
loans, and other various duties as assigned. Generally responsible
for loan portfolios of more than 20 million and a majority of loans
processed are real estate and/or complex commercial loans.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Take loan applications from customers.
* Input loan information for new loans or renewals into the
Platform System. (Majority of loans are input to Platform by the
* Assist in the preparation of loan documents.
* Review loan documents for errors and compliance issues.
* Assemble loan packages to be sent to Central Loan
* Perform loan closing on occasion when loan officer is not
* Remit Deeds, UCC's, and titles for recording.
* Request preliminary and final title opinions on real estate
loans when necessary.
* Review and work loan exception reports weekly.
* Review and work applicable XNet generated loan reports.
* Prepare and submit weekly loan committee applications.
* Prepare and submit monthly origination fee reports.
* Prepare and process line of credit draws.
* Prepare and submit loan payments not processed through teller
* Process payments for loan closing fees to third parties
(appraisers, attorneys, filing fees, etc)
* Verify insurance policies on collateral.
* Assist customers by answering questions, researching
* Perform additional duties as required.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Knowledge of loan policies and procedures (2 to 4 years of
loan preparation and processing experience)
* Ability to pay close attention to detail when
* Excellent organizational skills
* Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel)
* Good communication skills (written and oral)
* Ability to get along with coworkers
* Ability to resolve problems with customers
* Ability to work under tight deadlines
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic
information or any other status protected under applicable local,
state or federal nondiscrimination laws.