Engineering Technician IV (T4)
Company: Applied Materials
Posted on: June 9, 2021
- Performs complex electro-mechanical technical functions and
activities such as design, test, checkout, fabrication,
modification, troubleshooting and assembly of electronics and
electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry,
prototype models, specialized test equipment, tools and test
- Tests and troubleshoots system level and component level
problems in electrical and mechanical systems and sub-systems with
minimal supervision. Assignments require solution of difficult
problems by application of technical knowledge. May perform more
complicated or complex new system and NPI installations and field
- May work from limited or no documentation. Investigates,
compiles data, documents and recommends changes using applicable
reporting process to enhance product performance.
- Compiles logbooks and test procedures documentation utilizing
good writing skills. Assists in revising, developing and
implementing documented procedures. Writes complex technical
reports and test procedures.
- Performs mechanical, electrical, pneumatic & vacuum and process
testing on AMAT platforms to Engineering and Manufacturing
documentation and specifications.
- Observes all safety standards. Maintains a secure, safe, clean
and healthy work environment. Attends required health and safety
training and follows safety and security policies, procedures and
practices. Promptly reports accidents, injuries, safety hazards, or
emergencies to supervisor or Safety dept. Follows operating
instructions, uses protective equipment when required, and uses
equipment and materials properly. Actively strives to prevent
accidents and injuries.
- Requires full understanding of the company's manufacturing
and/or engineering processes, as well as excellent interpersonal
and communication skills to effectively interface across
departmental/functional lines. Provides management with technical
input in order to correct problems both at the system level and in
the manufacturing process.
- Provides training to lower level Engineering Technicians.
Recognized as technical resource for a particular platform or
product. Highly proficient at troubleshooting and resolving issues.
Effective at providing standard work and workmanship skills
training. Works closely with Engineering in the development of
procedures and documentation for NPI. May serve as a "Quality
- Has developed advanced specialized expertise within a
analytical/scientific area to perform the most complex work
- Has a good understanding of how related teams coordinate their
efforts and resources to achieve objectives
- May act as a lead for the team, may allocate work and provide
subject matter guidance to more junior team members
- Exercises judgment, based on previous experience, practices and
precedents, to identify and solve problems that arise with little
or no precedent
- Impacts the effectiveness of own team and closely related
- Exchanges ideas and information effectively; uses tact and
diplomacy when dealing with others
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce
including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females,
Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Keywords: Applied Materials, Austin , Engineering Technician IV (T4), Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!