Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Company: j2 Global Communications, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join
our SRE team. We define the systems and services that allow
RetailMeNot development teams to have a low-friction deployment
experience, with always-on monitoring, and the fault-tolerant
infrastructure. SRE works on defining Service-Level Agreements
(SLAs), leading incident response, practicing blameless
post-mortems, and automating processes to reduce operational
As a member of the team, you'll be responsible for delivering
highly scalable and resilient cloud deployment and provisioning
solutions. You will be exposed to technology like Kubernetes,
Prometheus, Helm, Terraform, and others. You will help automate and
streamline the company's operations and processes through
innovations in application monitoring and alerting, CI/CD
modernization, and other efforts.
Are you a software engineer with a real passion for delivering
and automation opportunities? Are you looking to join an
organization with a well-established SRE culture? Start here!
RetailMeNot is headquartered in Austin, TX! This position is
fully remote and we encourage applicants nationwide!
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
STEM field, or equivalent work experience.
- You have at least 4 years of SRE or DevOps experience.
- You have deep understanding of AWS and cloud
- You have experience writing code with Python, Shell, Go, Java,
or similar languages.
- You have expertise within the container and container
orchestration space (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- You have worked with infrastructure provisioning tools like
CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or others.
- You have enabled CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins,
AWS Code Pipeline, Gitlab, or others.
- You bring a deep understanding and application of computer
science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design
- You understand networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS,
- You have a track record of delivering successful solutions and
collaborating with others.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can explain SRE
concepts to a wider audience.
What You'll Do
- You'll be working closely with Docker and Kubernetes to
containerize applications and provision infrastructure.
- You will investigate new technologies and tools and recommend
those that best fit the team and organization.
- You will champion SRE methodologies around monitoring,
distributed tracing, deployment strategies (e.g. canary, sandbox),
- You will identify and execute on opportunities to optimize
existing systems, improve infrastructure, and eliminate work
- You will educate other engineering teams and advocate for
scalable and maintainable architectural decisions.
- You will participate in our on-call rotation for production
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where engineers are given a lot of
responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact.
- We have lots of smart people to work with and learn from.
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of
technologies and believe in an ever-growing diversity of technology
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing
what you enjoy.
- We have a phenomenal open vacation policy.
Keywords: j2 Global Communications, Inc., Austin , Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!