Senior Security Engineer - Cloud/Kubernetes
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Senior Security Engineer - Cloud/Kubernetes
The Engineer in Security will be a 'hands-on' engineer who will be
part of a small team of engineers that define and implement the
software security architecture for the HPC platforms that Cray
delivers. This role will have input into and delivery
responsibilities across a broad range of security related code,
tooling, processes and systems. The range will include but not be
limited to, authentication, authorization, multi-tenancy, network
security in an SDN environment, key management, platform hardening,
and integration with and support for customer systems including
SEIM, logging, etc.. The ideal candidate will have:
- Deep software experience in cloud technologies, container
security, authentication & authorization, micro-services
architectures, storage system security models for distributed
object storage as well as more traditional file
- Hands-on experience in scenarios with highly-secure and
reliable software systems with the ability to perform continuous
- Experience with high-security scenarios including air-gapped or
safety critical systems.
- Strong DevOps exposure and experience with CI/CD/CT pipelines,
automated testing platforms, site reliability engineering, and
chaos monkey testing.
- Exposure to or direct experience with DevSecOps approaches and
- Significant software and security domain expertise in
distributed systems and services models - REST-based services - as
well as integration with 3rd party web services, orchestration
systems, control and management planes.
- Deep expertise in software, languages, toolchains, and still be
actively writing production-level code.
- Motivation and ability to provide self-direction in addition to
being able to work with remote team members.
- Experience addressing complex security issues and scenarios
that span multiple micro-services, platform technologies, and
- Experience with introducing new technologies and tools into a
culture of more established personnel and working through the
cultural challenges of keeping individuals and teams engaged and
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or
Engineering or equivalent job-related experience.
- Experience with kubernetes, containers, and micro-services in a
- Strong background with deploying and managing services in AWS,
Azure, GCP, or OpenStack.
- Experience working with the design and deployment of secure
APIs and providing implementations using a micro-services
- Extensive experience with x509 topics/implementations and
general certificate management tooling and approaches.
- Strong Experience with the design and implementation of OAuth /
- Experience with a modern, full-stack CI toolchain on a public
cloud provider, and ideally also on-prem.
- 5-10 years development experience with Python or Go (preferably
- Development and security experience with non-memory safe
languages (C, C++).
- Must have extensive Linux expertise. Exposure to or knowledge
BPF a plus even if only in a personal use capacity.
- Experience with various container runtimes and orchestration
platforms (Docker, K8s Mesos, ...).
- Operational experience with Hashicorp Vault, Ansible Vault and
other credential management tooling.
- Experience with monitoring and reporting technologies such as
Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, Elastic Search, Splunk, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of the mainstream security related
standards (NIST, CIS, CSA, OWASP, HIPAA, etc)
- Great verbal and written communication skills and a
demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information
Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 10+ years experience.
We are legally required to provide the following information for
candidates seeking to staff this role in Colorado. The Colorado
expected salary/wage range for this position is listed immediately
below, although we reserve the right to offer above this range for
exceptional candidates. Actual offer may vary from this range based
upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill
level. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may also be offered.
Information about employee benefits offered can be found at
http:explorebenefits.hpe.com (userid: benefits / password:
Annual Salary: $122,500.00 - $177,500.00
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of
arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Keywords: WFMathpe, Austin , Senior Security Engineer - Cloud/Kubernetes, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!