Enterprise Information Architect
Company: National Instruments
Posted on: May 4, 2021
NI is looking to hire an experienced Enterprise Information
Architect to help evolve and transform the information assets
needed to run and grow the business in line with NI's core
strategic vision. Enterprise Information Architects are a part of
NI's Analytics Center of Excellence and are responsible for
building and sustaining a common business language, trust in data,
and timely access to required information.
This person will strengthen the impact of, and provides
recommendations on, business information that will need to be
available and shared consistently across the organization through
the identification, definition, and analysis of how information
assets aid strategies and business outcomes.
Primary Responsibilities and Activities
- Inventory and document enterprise data assets, their ownership
and governance model, and their maturity in respect to the related
business needs and use cases.
- Gather requirements and define information assets needed to
enable business strategy, both enterprise wide and functional
- Understand business needs for data and translate into
actionable user scenarios for the purpose of enterprise/IT
- Assess informational maturity gaps with respect to business
- Produce conceptual data models that link key business processes
and requirements to information needs.
- Work with technology teams to move conceptual data models down
to technical data models and designs.
- Create frameworks for data governance bodies to develop and
maintain quality on strategic information assets; serve as chair
(or key member) on these governance bodies to ensure value is
maintained over time.
- Bachelor's degree in Business and/or Information Systems,
Computer Science, or related fields.
- At least 10 years of experience in Business Intelligence, Data
Analysis, or related field
- Proven experience as Data/Information architect in an
Enterprise with significant complexity and proven success
- In-depth experience of designing and implementing information
- Hands-on experience with implementing data and analytics
management programs is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Effective conceptualization, pattern recognition and teaming
- Business acumen, and the ability to communicate to executives,
business domain stakeholders and technical staff alike.
- Demonstrated influence, communication, presentation and
- Data modeling and information classification expertise at the
- Understanding of common information architecture frameworks and
- Understanding of metamodels, taxonomies and ontologies, as well
as of the challenges of applying structured techniques (data
modeling) to less-structured sources.
- Familiarity with data science concepts, as well as MDM,
business intelligence, and data warehouse design and implementation
- Experience with distributed management and analytics in cloud
and hybrid environments.
- Strong communication and persuasion skills, including the
ability to create marketing and messaging materials that meet
- Ability to analyze project, program and portfolio needs, as
well as determine the resources needed to achieve objectives and
overcome cross-functional barriers.
Key Behaviors and Competencies
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with others and exhibit
- Have a track record of remaining unbiased toward specific
technologies or vendors.
- Be an excellent communicator and collaborator, engaging with
multiple technical and business stakeholders and leaders.
- Be able to translate the information architecture contribution
to business outcomes into simple briefings for use by various
- Ability to communicate, influence and persuade peers and
- Ability to understand the long-term ( "big picture ") and
short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability and desire to work in a lean/agile development
environment Why NI?
There are many reasons to consider joining a company. Key among
them are the people, the ideas, and the technology. At NI, we
believe in the power and potential of connecting the three to
create a path to success.
The people : We're looking for curious and creative problem solvers
who value diversity and fresh perspectives, are bold and kind, and
willing to take chances.
The ideas : What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you want
to program robots? Build flying cars? Leave the world better than
you found it? At NI, we build on the big ideas of big dreamers to
make their visions a reality.
The technology : With our tailored, software-connected approach, we
support our customers through all phases of the product development
cycle. From 5G and medical innovations to autonomous driving and
the future of space travel, we help our customers Engineer
Ambitiously every day.
We've long been globally recognized as a top employer. Our
compensation and benefits are very competitive, as are our modern
workspaces, career development and mobility opportunities, and a
culture that fosters belonging and emphasizes community giving. We
encourage our teammates to challenge the status quo and collaborate
with one another to build innovative solutions.
No matter your career path, we're here for you, for each other, and
for the next generation of innovators who think bigger, aim higher,
and go faster.
Are you up for the challenge of helping shape humanity for the next
100 years? If so, let's get started, and let's Engineer Ambitiously
together.The Enterprise Information Architects enable effective
enterprise change through a set of artifacts that describe NI's
information landscape (current state and future state) and the
guidance necessary to flexibly exchange and govern information
assets to achieve business strategy at scale.
Keywords: National Instruments, Austin , Enterprise Information Architect, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!