Sr UX Researcher
Posted on: May 3, 2021
About Our Team
You have the unique opportunity to be a part of a
transformational team that will create new innovative customer
experiences through modern practices of design and design thinking
methods. The Design Technology team acts as a startup inside
AT&T. This highly talented team creates exceptional experiences
and desirable products by uncovering the unmet needs of the
customer as inspiration. In this high-paced, creative environment,
we know that our people will make all the difference in our
success. We need energy, curiosity and a relentless interest in
creating the best customer experience!
The number one thing you need to know about working at AT&T:
Our employees like being here. They come together to reach goals,
celebrate wins, and make AT&T a fun place to work. At AT&T,
diversity means promoting an environment of inclusion; one in which
each individual is valued and every voice is heard. We recognize
alldifferences - from race, gender, sexual orientation and
religiAon to perspectives, physical and mental abilities,
experiences and outlooks. We realize that diversity is more than
the right thing to do - it's essential if we want to be successful
in the global marketplace.
As a Senior UX Researcher, you will:
- Use your UX talents to research a diverse set of experiences
and products for AT&T, both internal and consumer-facing.
Projects may range from websites and mobile apps to chatbots and
- Develop, lead, and conduct user research and use insights to
advocate for customers, ensuring that their needs are properly
understood and seriously considered by team members, business
clients and product teams.
- Plan, execute and mentor junior members on qualitative research
- Provide creative thought leadership by defining innovative
solutions that solve complex business issues and provide great
experiences for customers.
- Use storytelling, journey maps, storyboards, and prototypes to
convey the vision, flow, and features of products being
- Collaborate with fellow UX designers, researchers, and other
team members to generate ideas and get feedback on your ideas and
- Successfully work with developers, project managers, and other
internal teams to ensure accountability and move your solutions
- Work on several projects simultaneously while meeting tight
deadlines while understanding of business objectives and how to
balance them with design and user needs.
Required Experience & Characteristics
- Typically requires 3 years of experience leading strategic
planning and design delivery projects.
- MS or PhD in a human behavior-related field (e.g.,
Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology,
Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science) or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience with applied qualitative research
methods including generative, formative, and evaluative methods.
Example methods include contextual inquiry, cognitive walkthroughs,
ethnographic research, and persona/archetype development.
- Knowledge or expertise in one or more of the following is a
plus: service design, design thinking methods and workshop
facilitation, prototyping, and quantitative research methods.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit + Collaborative Drive: You're excited to
help us build the culture of our new team, a self-starter who is
comfortable being proactive and you're eager to work with your
teammates to make your designs better.
- Critical Thinker with a Product Mindset: You're great at
wrangling complex problems and finding clarity and simplicity. You
think strategically about any design challenge and seek to create
holistic, compelling products that serve the end user.
- Empathetic + Fun: You're well-versed in user-centered
methodologies and design thinking. You design for consumer needs
first and foremost. Oh, and you are great fun to work with.
- Communication Skills: You have excellent communication, project
management, and organizational skills. You're able to tell
compelling stories about your work to partners and team
Application Requirements and Instructions
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio.
Job ID 2116296
Date posted 03/21/2021
Keywords: AT&T, Austin , Sr UX Researcher, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!