Director, Strategic Pursuits - Security Essentials - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Company: Dell Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure
solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB
customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of
virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT
complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace,
empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data
center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is
committed to building a community where great people want to work
long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution,
collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to
accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints
and problem solve for tomorrow today.
SPPwho we are:
An Americas-wide "Big Deal" Pursuit Practice with a single
Mission to drive long-term transformational business success for
our Customers and VMware.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Director, Strategic Pursuits Practice
Americas, the Director, SPP Security Essentials mission is to drive
VMware's long-term revenue growth and profitability through larger
and more strategic transactions by orchestrating resources,
coaching, advising and enabling sales teams, partners and customers
on our core LTEM and value-based selling strategies.
This position also reports dotted line to the Vice President,
Americas Sales - Security/Carbon Black.
The Director, SPP Security Essentials will follow a consistent
and defined programmatic approach to help the Security Sales
organization develop and close larger more transformational deals.
The role will utilize out-quarter pipeline development, Account
Planning, Strategic Opportunity Reviews, Pursuit Planning, Deal
coaching and choreography, thought leadership, best practices, and
aligning key resources to maximize market opportunity, accelerating
sales cycles and closing larger deals successfully.
The role also participates in VMware's overall transformation
effort to establish one of the best Enterprise Salesforce in the
- Drive the SPP engagement and operating models to ensure a
consistent and defined programmatic approach to assess, develop and
help close strategic pursuits.
- Orchestrating key resources through the SPP Engagement Model,
including field sales, partners, and a team of Offer Managers (OM),
Business Value Advisors (BVA) & Business Solution Strategists
- Managing the qualification/selection of the Strategic Pursuits
through the Territory Business Review process, in concert with the
Regional Sales Leadership.
- Champion the Strategic Pursuit Assessment and Qualification
(SPARQ) and Collaborative Account Planning Sessions (CAP)
- Drive the Strategic Pursuits cadence and reporting
- Drive ambition, big deal thinking, best practice sharing and
extended team collaboration
- Be the voice of the field sales to corporate to continually
improve and ensure successful outcomes
- Drive Strategic Pursuits: managing the assessment and selection
of opportunities where we intend to build > $5M opportunities,
tracking the set of activities (Account Based Marketing, Account
Development Workshop, involvement of BSS) and progress of the
- Helping propagate best practices and content (deal structure,
content relative to attractive themes like Digital Transformation,
IoT, references, Value-plays)
- Represent VMware in senior customer facing roles, i.e.
executive sponsor, business strategist, negotiator
Measure of success
- 100% on designated Regional Enterprise E1/E2 bookings
- 15 years of experience in the software industry
- 7 + years of consultative sales experience into Enterprise
- 7 + years of security software sales or consulting
- 3 + years selling SaaS
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring experience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Sales Methodologies
- Well organized and analytical skills
- Experience within a large organization, ability to work in a
- Management experience
- University Degree or equivalent
"This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based
immigration sponsored by VMware."
Keywords: Dell Inc, Austin , Director, Strategic Pursuits - Security Essentials - Opportunity for Working Remotely, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!