Principal Java Software Developer - Application Development Team
Company: Total System Services, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of
people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments
solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our
worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300
financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with
confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our
passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class
payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team
and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of
Netspend Corporation is seeking a Principal Java Software
Developer - Application Development Team to design and develop
proprietary software in a highly secure and a heavy
transaction-based environment. We are looking for well-rounded
developers who have a proven track record of delivering scalable
and robust business applications.
The Principal Developer will be part of an Agile team,
developing proprietary software and technology to support our
internal teams, external partners, and Netspend cardholders.
Netspend processes millions of transactions every day using this
technology. Our growth and profitability is directly tied to our
ability to scale, adapt, and monitor this technology.
Netspend offers a fun, personable atmosphere where creativity,
ingenuity and talent are encouraged and rewarded.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related
subject or related sufficient experience.
- 10+ years of developing entire large-scale products with core
Java, Kotlin & J2EE skills and well versed on design patterns and
- Extensive experience developing Microservices using Spring
- Strong ability developing web-based RESTful APIs and client
integrations with JSON.
- Working knowledge of current software security technologies
(encryption, authentication, etc.)
- Ensures software adheres to expected standards and quality
- Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills.
Ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error
messages etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems.
- Significant development experience in a Unix/Linux
- Strong ability to understand database design architectures.
Experience integrating with databases (Oracle and Cassandra) and
middle-tier application server architecture.
- Experienced in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Reviews PRs of junior devs and fixes challenging problems
junior devs cannot resolve
- Strong experience writing good unit tests and training others
to do the same.
- Prefer experience in card processing and high-transaction
- Prefer working experience with 3rd party integrations.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills; experience mentoring and
coaching junior devs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and an
interest in working in a collaborative team environment.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or
any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring
reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview
process should notify a representative of the Human Resources
Keywords: Total System Services, Inc., Austin , Principal Java Software Developer - Application Development Team, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!