Senior Database Administrator
Company: Leidos Holdings Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Leidos is looking for a Senior Database Administrator to support
the FFSS contract. Contract is awaiting award June/ July 2021.
Multiple openings in Hines, Illinois, Remote, Philadelphia,
The Senior Database Administrator will create, implement and
manage expansive database administration programs. Has experience
in reviewing database performance trends, and identifying
opportunities for improvement.
- Database design, database modeling, performance tuning,
disaster recovery, replication, database documentation
- Work closely with programming staff on database design to meet
- Query performance tuning and database optimization.
- Make recommendations of database migration path to insure
optimal performance and availability, which shall be provided to
COR/VA PM(s) for review and approval prior to any migration.
- Review performance of databases on the open systems and
mainframe platforms and provide and implement COR/VA PM(s) approved
recommendations for improved performance.
- Ensure availability, security and integrity of assigned
databases is at optimal performance
- Installation and configuration database management software
(DBMS) and additional patches or service packs
- Establish and monitor user access, security and database roles,
privileges, and permissions
- Utilization of security and recovery control tools and
practices for successful database performance
- Analyze business needs and user stories to identify database
administration technical solutions
- Participate in the requirements definition process to better
understand the customer needs
- Ensure developed work products in adherence to established
security and quality control standards for database
- Debug and correct database code, accessibility, and performance
errors of assigned databases (Oracle, SQL)
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in Agile
- Write, modify, and debug database specific SQL and PL/SQL
- Where appropriate, coordinate database administration duties
with System and Network Administrators to ensure compatibility with
hardware and operating systems configurations.
- Diagnose and correct problems that occur within databases and
- Recommend strategies for problem notification and availability
reporting in database software and applications. All
recommendations shall be provided to COR/VA PM(s) for approval
prior to any implementation.
- Develop disaster recovery strategies, and execute or exercise
backup/recovery, high availability and disaster recovery
strategies. All recommended strategies shall be provided to COR/VA
PM(s) for approval prior to any implementation.
- Develop Security strategies consistent with VA regulations and
policies and industry best practices. All recommended strategies
shall be provided to COR/VA PM(s) for approval prior to any
- Troubleshoot problems and take corrective action, coordinate
Contractor specific technical support as necessary.
- Support users, other software Contractor teams, and database
administrators with problems, projects, and implementations.
- Analyze database infrastructure to insure compliance with VA
security standards, database performance considerations, and
reverse engineering of existing database environments.
- When assigned to VA initiatives, develop schedules and plans,
communicate progress to management in both verbal and written
formats, identify barriers, identify and evaluate alternatives. The
Contractor shall participate in fault isolation for database
- When required, develop and submit for approval Configuration
Change Management Plans in accordance with ITOPS IO standards. The
Contractor shall follow the change management process prescribed by
the Chief, Database Support Services when making all changes to
- Bachelor Degree and 5 years of experience. 8 years of
additional experience in lieu of Degree
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and
effectively managing relationships with customers, build and
release managers, technical teams, product development, project
managers, and other application managers.
- Experience in participating in information technology projects
involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to
operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Oracle Database Administration experience required.
Additional specific experience in the following is also
- Oracle Golden Gate (OGG)
- Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- VAULT Solaris 10/11
- Oracle 12C-19C
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) - Oracle in Cloud
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and
science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's
toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland
security, civil, and health markets. The company's 39,000 employees
support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues
of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January
1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's
why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of
the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include
competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income
Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information
at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will
communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a
Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be
from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other
personal information, please report the email to [email
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national
origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family
structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or
military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will
also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with relevant laws.
Keywords: Leidos Holdings Inc., Austin , Senior Database Administrator, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!