Associate Sr. Staff Software Engineer
Posted on: May 3, 2021
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's
mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable
and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and
economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network,
VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world,
and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a
second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid
growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of
a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from
analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people,
network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives
you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career
growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a
global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers
who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts
of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing
meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce
to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's
transform the way the world pays.
You will be part of Visa's MAPPD Payments team in Austin , which
focuses on building end to end solution for integration between
merchants and various gateways and acquirers.
We are looking for a technically expert senior consultant for
our Payments team based out of our Austin office.
- Works with Solution or Enterprise Architecture to translate
architecture into a delivered solution that realizes the vision and
- Possesses functional and industry experience
- Provides the technical guidance the project needs to meet the
wider goals of the org strategy.
- Effectively translates functional and non- functional
requirements into an engineered solution.
- Proficient at understanding and analyzing the architecture of
an existing solution.
- To be successful in the role, deep knowledge of computer
science fundamentals, SOA principles and its related technologies,
multi-tiered architecture and specific experience in designing
complex solutions for processing 3000+ transactions per
- Leads and supports both product and technical discussions about
how to apply existing and/or new technology in support of the
- In addition to the technical skill set and passion for learning
new technologies, the candidate will be a self-starter,
results-driven, and equipped with excellent verbal and written
communication skills to interface with leadership within Visa ,
external teams & stakeholders.
- Teach others through informal sessions such as brown bags and
- Coach/mentor others within sub-function.
- Plays the "Player-Coach" role for the team at project
- Understands how a project fits into the overall technology
roadmap and communicate to the team to help establish buy-in and
- Takes ownership and/or leads the engineering responsibility for
multiple components in a project.
- Provides consultative work throughout the project lifecycle to
ensure vision and goal of project is realized through
- Is able to coordinate engineering activities across the
delivery of the project.
- Works with engineers to ensure they are delivering quality and
efficiently against project requirements.
- Supports operational and QA teams in support activities such as
troubleshooting, defect research, code promotion and configuration
for projects lead by the engineer.
- Successful candidate will have a flair for out-of-box thinking
and be passionate about mentoring and coaching junior software
engineers. Candidate should also have passion for engineering
excellence , reducing TCO and improving TTM.
- 8 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or
5 or more years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g.
Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- 9+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree
or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree
(e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3+years of experience with a
- 8+yrs of hands-on experience and deep knowledge in software
product development (Java/J2EE , SOA based applications)3+ years of
experience in designing/architectural horizontally scalable,
multi-tenant SOA application
- Proficient in implementing design patterns.Strong understanding
of :Java , J2EE , RDBMS ,NoSQLDB such as Cassandra , Mongo DB ,
Spring , Hibernate.
- Experience in developing and deploying components as docker
containers is must.
- React / Redux experience is plus but not required.
- Divides time between active coding related activities, design,
coordination, mentoring, project management, and/or leading
- Experience in deployment and distribution lifecycle with
automated and scalable CI/CD infrastructure.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, and root-cause
- A go-getter who is not overwhelmed by new technology, tight
timelines, or parallel projects
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment producing and supporting
business services with tier 0 severity and flexible to work with
distributed global teams and willing to support clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
interpersonal and presentation skills, and proven ability to
influence and communicate effectively
- Experience with CI/CD tools including Jenkin , Maven , Stash is
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available
during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to
travel for work 15% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in
an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit
and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone,
frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones
and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and
applicable local law.
Keywords: Visa, Austin , Associate Sr. Staff Software Engineer, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!