Senior Technical Consultant
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are seeking a Senior Technical Consultant to join our
Customer Success team. In this role, you will be engaging with our
customers post-sales to develop software solutions on the Appian
platform. These applications help companies drive digital
transformation and competitive differentiation. Your primary
responsibilities will be to help lead projects, implement and build
applications on Appian's low-code automation platform, and work
closely with our commercial clients.
What you'll do:
- Immediately impact clients by partnering throughout the entire
life-cycle of projects to define, design, develop and implement
custom software solutions using Appian's low-code platform.
- Lead discussions with external clients to understand their
business processes and technical needs.
- Lead and mentor consultants through fast past, software
- Propose conceptual technical solutions and make changes based
on the client's feedback in an Agile environment.
- Design, build and launch new relational data models in
- Develop APIs to integrate with multiple systems.
- Drive adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient
with building process applications on their own.
- Establish and implement metrics to optimize team delivery and
measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability,
- Collaborate with client's technical teams and business users as
needed throughout the entire software development life cycle.
You'll be successful in this role if you are:
- Skilled at working with clients to define business processes
and gather functional and technical system requirements
- Not an order taker; asks "why" questions and solve the right
- A leader; Passionate about mentoring and developing others
- Passionate about technology and enjoys continuously
- Successful on cross-functional teams; has built products using
- An excellent communicator and is comfortable presenting to both
technical and non-technical audiences
Education and Travel:
- 5+ years of experience with hands-on software development or
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information
Systems, Mathematics or related field/degree
- Willingness to travel; 50% to support customer engagement
- Agile software development practices, pair programming,
stand-ups, planning sessions, and sprints
- Experience leading small teams through post-sale software
- Basic understanding of object oriented programming
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience with database design or data modeling
- SQL skills - writing queries, joins, views, etc.
- Knowledge of software testing practice; Test-driven
development, setup and execution of automated test suites within a
continuous integration framework
- Integrations experience using APIs such as REST and SOAP, JDBC
connections, and web services
- Amazon Web Services (AWS); Artificial Intelligence (AI),
Analytics, Machine Learning, Google Cloud, Application Integration,
Database, Developer Tools, Management & Governance, and Elastic
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly,
with a low-code automation platform. Combining people,
technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help
companies maximize their resources and improve business results.
Many of the world's largest organizations use Appian applications
to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and
simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees
create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our
customers and throughout the organization, which creates an
environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and
opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a
Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply
put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees
are to thank for Appian's success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against
applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay
or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination .
Keywords: Appian, Austin , Senior Technical Consultant, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!