Manager, Deal Management
Company: Dell Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
VMware is seeking an experienced deal manager to structure
Enterprise License Agreements (ELAs) with complex negotiations for
the Deal Management Team (DMT) in support of the US Private Sector
customer segment. The DMT is a group of dynamic individuals
established to support standard as well as highly negotiated,
unique or strategic software contracts (ELAs) from inception of a
sales opportunity to booking. The team is skilled and knowledgeable
in a variety of areas including deal modeling, revenue recognition
and commercial contract structure. The successful candidate will
engage with Management to build and promote the DMT model and
brand, partner with Sales, Legal and Commercial Solutions to
establish best practice aligned with our Corporate DMT
- Lead stakeholders in developing strategies on complex deals
from structuring to closing. Regularly lead and assist others with
complex deal advice and drive solutions.
- Collaborate across all stakeholder groups within VMware to
drive deal closure.
- Identify areas of potential impact of revenue recognition and
understand implications and be able to articulate impact to
- Work to improve the quality of the commercial terms to maximize
the deal value to the company.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of tools required, identify
system issues, and raise awareness to solve them.
- General understanding of products/services, their product
family, and bundle components. Proactively identify inconsistencies
in structuring and coach Sales accordingly.
- Identify when deviation from standard process is necessary.
Proactively offer suggestions and seek guidance to achieve
resolution. Understand potential risks to VMware.
- Understand customer requirements and propose appropriate
- Manage customer contracts from initial draft to closure within
established company guidelines. Draft contract language to capture
business intent. Effectively partner with stakeholders and
participate in negotiations to influence desired outcomes.
- Engage in the forecasting process to identify which contracts
involve the most risk for the quarter and engage with sales to
reduce the risk in the deals as much as possible.
- Mentor other DMT Analysts to develop their skill set for the
betterment of the team
- Identify potential areas of process and policy improvement or
work on special projects for the team
- Flexibility to travel, if required (0-2x a year)
- Experience in working in a diverse, Multicultural
- Experience in working with or in IT Multinational
organizations, Telecoms or Sourcing/Procurement
- Leadership skills with business acumen
- Excellent negotiator with strong influencing and
- Proven ability to exercise good judgement whilst juggling
multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Studies, Commerce, Finance, Law
or related discipline.
- Experience working at software or cloud licensing company
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Sales Operations
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-26
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has
the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We
look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make
technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and
security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation
for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are
transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of
what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion,
integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of
Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment
opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a
work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All
employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job
requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race,
color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex
(including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability,
HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or
present military service, family medical history or genetic
information, family or parental status, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment
based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants
of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to
employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local
law. Job ID: R2107745
Keywords: Dell Inc, Austin , Manager, Deal Management, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!