Nurse Aide in Training (15727)
Company: Regency Integrated Health Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Nurse Aide in Training will provide assigned residents with
non-clinical care and services in accordance with directives given
by the Certified Nurse Aide and/or Charge Nurse until the
completion of the training program. The purpose of this position is
to participate and successfully complete our CNA class within the
designated skilled nursing facility or approved nurse aide training
program. Once the student has passed the state exam, an offer will
be extended for full-time employment as a Certified Nurse Aide at a
Regency designated facility. Schedules will vary by facility.
Applicants must be dedicated to attend class every day and have
transportation to and from class on a daily basis.
- By submitting your application, you are asking to be considered
for the CNA Certification Program. At the end of the program, you
will confidently be able to:
- Provide residents with safety and comfort.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with
resident care policy and procedure.
- Practice Universal Precautions and adheres to the Blood Borne
- Assist in customary daily requirements and tasks in care and
treatment such as bathing, feeding, dressing, observing intake of
food, care of hair, nails, moving residents from area to area,
responding to calls, etc., which includes lifting,
- Measure and record vital signs as assigned by the Charge
- Detect and report situations that may cause resident accidents
- Observe and report symptoms, reactions, and changes of
conditions to residents to nursing staff.
- Maintain care of equipment and supplies
- Work under the general direction and supervision of the Charge
- Walk with ambulatory residents or push in a wheelchair as
- It also involves the ability to safely perform movements such
as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching and
lifting in excess of 50 pounds with or without reasonable
- Manual dexterity required performing tasks in assisting
residents with their personal needs.
- Comb hair, nail care (cannot use clippers,) of any residents
assigned. Manual dexterity required performing tasks in assisting
residents with their personal needs.
- Answer call lights in a timely manner, determine if the request
does not involve direct care and then carry out request. Examples
of non-direct care would be, helping with TV, telephone, getting a
personal item for a resident, giving them a blanket or pillow,
giving them a food tray or snack, or refill water/ice.
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and
- Observe all residents and report anything unusual or abnormal
to Charge Nurse.
- Bring residents to and from daily activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Instructor, reactions, and
changes of conditions to residents to Charge Nurse
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be currently in an approved nurse aide training program
(if not engaging in the facilities CNA class)
- Experience in a long-term care facility is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative but not
necessary all inclusive, of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to effectively communicate. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Action Rarely Occasionally Frequently Lifting - 1-25 lbs X
Lifting - 25-50 lbs X Lifting - 50+ lbs X Carrying - 1-25 lbs X
Carrying - 25-50 lbs X Carrying - 50+ lbs X Pushing/Pulling - 1-25
lbs X Pushing/Pulling - 25-50 lbs X Pushing/Pulling - 50+ lbs X
Sliding/Transferring - 1-25 lbs X Sliding/Transferring - 25-50 lbs
X Sliding/Transferring - 50+ lbs X Standing X Sitting X Walking X
Speaking X Driving X Balancing/Climbing X Stooping/Kneeling X
Crouching/Crawling X Reaching X Hearing/Listening X Seeing X
Keywords: Regency Integrated Health Services, Austin , Nurse Aide in Training (15727), Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!