At Elmington Property Management, we do things a little
differently. We're not your ordinary property management group and
pride ourselves on doing business with smarts while being
unexpected. We thrive on showing investors, customers, and
residents that property development & management doesn't have to be
boring. Most property management companies refer to the team that
keeps things running smoothly as "maintenance", but we are NOT most
property management companies. Elmington focuses on providing the
best service to our residents and our owners!
Our motto? Forget the Ordinary.
We are seeking an awesome Service Technician!
As a Service Technician you will report to a Community Director who
will act as your team captain and carry out plays called by your
Service Supervisor who will act as your leader. As in any athletic
sport, as a key player on the team, your goal is to deliver an
incredible game and win. At Elmington Property Management we strive
for excellence in every endeavor, and our service to residents is a
major part of that game plan.
Each Elmington community is its own living, breathing corporation.
It has income and expenses, debt and a bottom line. As a Service
Technician you will be asked to manage the long term sustainability
and quality of the community while working with your Service
Supervisor to execute the strategy of the owner. You will be asked
to assist in effectively managing the community's reputation,
ensuring a clean, safe environment and working to provide a better
than expected place to live while gaining the trust and respect of
the residents. You will be asked to work with your Service
Supervisor to find effective and creative solutions to manage
expenses. You will be the primary communication with the existing
renters and your efforts will determine how many will choose to
renew their lease on an annual basis.
Along with this responsibility comes a very high level of
expectations. You are an integral part of a multi-million dollar
company. You are a master of your trade and enjoy challenges while
setting and reaching goals. At Elmington, you will be pushed to
Forget The Ordinary & Think Like an Owner. Every day.
To be an effective Service Technician at Elmington, you
will need to:
- Have a great attitude
- Have high expectations
- Think BEYOND the box
- Work with passion
- Have a tireless work ethic
- Be self-motivated and self-starting
- Be confident
- Be a passionate worker with a positive personality
- Take pride in your work
- Be a good listener
- Offer a solution with every problem
- Go above and beyond for your residents
- Positively promote your community
Your Key Job Responsibilities will be to:
- Diagnose problems and repair major appliances, HVAC, plumbing,
electrical (when no license required), general carpentry, pool
care, roof and gutter repairs.
- Address issues with landscaping and snow/ice removal
- Communicate effectively with residents and coworkers even in
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Perform service requests correctly and in a timely manner
- Operating computers and other technological devices to access
email, and company utilized software
- Successfully execute Elmington's non-negotiables related to
service work orders and vacant unit turns
Essential Functions of Your Role Include, but are not
- Effective communication
- Maintain the physical condition of the property
- Utilize hand tools and power tools
- Physically inspect the property in its entirety
- Building maintenance and repairs
- Responding to issues outside of normal work schedule when
- Accurately reporting all time worked by clocking in before
beginning to work and out only when done working
- Following all company policies and procedures
- 11 paid holidays, 2 weeks of Paid Time Off your first year and
a paid day off to celebrate your birthday.
- Insurance medical, dental, vision, life
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Prepare for your future with 401K.
- Long term & short term disability.
- Elmington Elevates participate in Elmington's way of giving
back by serving our communities.
- Empowerment to Think Like an Owner and deliver results.
- The opportunity to Forget the Ordinary.
- Property growth from 700 units in 2014 to almost 22,500
- No ceiling to your career growth. It's up to you!
The Elmington Experience
We're creating a different kind of company at Elmington. We
promise we will be never be ordinary, which we hope you can see by
this job description. There will be many days you simply aren't
comfortable. You will be pushed to accomplish more than you ever
thought possible. You will be challenged by your team leader and
your peers to achieve more and to find better ways. With that said,
we know Elmington is not for everyone. BUT, if you believe in
yourself, enjoy a challenge and appreciate working with exceptional
people, then Elmington could very well be the last company you ever
Are you ready to FTO? It's time to TLO!
The company will recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate its
employees based upon factors such as work quality, behavior,
training, and experience. In compliance with local, state, and
federal laws, we provide equal employment opportunity regardless of
race, color, creed, national origin, protected age category,
gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, military
status, or physical or mental disability of any individual who is