Sr. Program Manager
Company: VMware, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Do you thrive on owning and driving technical programs while
collaborating with engineering leaders? Are you a creative problem
solver who takes the initiative to get things done? Do you have a
track record of aligning multiple, cross-company stakeholders to
deliver on business outcomes? If so, this high-impact Senior
Program Manager role in VMware's Office of the CTO might be the
right next step in your career.
This role will primarily focus on VMware's Cloud Architecture
Forum, a strategic forum whose purpose is to identify gaps in
VMware strategic technical portfolio and to cause them to be
closed. This person will partner with some of VMware's most senior
technical leaders to drive innovation, business impact and value
for VMware customers. Reporting to the Program Management lead for
the Cloud Architecture Forum, the ideal candidate embodies a can-do
attitude, enjoys working collaboratively, is comfortable working in
a fast-paced environment, and able to influence and drive
- Work with cross-BU engineering and product teams to program
manage key strategic efforts end to end that help close gaps in our
- Establish working relationship and rule of engagement with
- Anticipate roadblocks, escalate issues, and drive resolution
across a cross-functional team to help drive efforts forward.
- Manage meetings, follow up on action items, ensure alignment,
and track objectives and key results.
- Prepare clear and concise project documentation and status
updates as needed for diverse set of stakeholder updates.
- Leverage various communication channels to help amplify the
various efforts to the R&D community.
- Look for opportunities to improve / streamline existing
- 7+ year of experience working in project / program
- Ability to build trust and collaboratively work with
stakeholders of all levels, and drive influence.
- Clear and effective communication and listening skills, ability
to establish rapport and credibility and clearly articulate problem
- Strong organizational and program management skills to manage a
wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities.
- Strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, persistence to
- Capable of understanding both technology and business.
- Self-starter who enjoys problem-solving with little direct
supervision. Ability to learn quickly with a high tolerance for
ambiguity and complexity.
- Experience moving teams through tight deadlines and complex
- Change management leader
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits
Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to
the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and
to providing employees with a work environment free of
discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware
are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age,
physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil
union or domestic partnership status, past or present military
service, family medical history or genetic information, family or
parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or
regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not
tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these
characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware
will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have
protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Keywords: VMware, Inc., Austin , Sr. Program Manager, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!