Company: Turnberry Solutions
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Sr. Linux Administrator in Austin, TX
Required Skills Set:
Years of Experience:5+
Education Required:Bachelors Degree or
Equivalent Work Experience
- Strong knowledge and experience with Application Server
development, deployment, and using Glassfish.
- Strong Linux knowledge (preferably Debian and CentOS) in a
medium to large scale environment.
- Experience with one or more Web Server technologies such as
Apache or Nginx.
- Experience with Java application servers such as Apache Tomcat
- Advanced ability to understand and manage complex systems.
- Advanced ability to design, implement, and support high
- Shell scripting experience using bash, ksh, Perl or
- Experience with OpenLDAP.
- Experience with administering G Suite.
- Experience tuning Postgres and MySQL.
- Experience with virtualization technologies or cloud providers
such as VMware, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud.
- Ability to perform independently, as well as work within a team
- Experience with monitoring software, such as Logic Monitor, New
- Ability to coordinate and interface with multiple business
units and aggressively follow up on details.
This role provides day to day advanced Senior Linux Systems
Administration duties in a large and complex environment. This role
is comprised of both new development and operational problem
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Physical Environment and Working Conditions:
- Development, installation, administration, and maintenance of
Linux based infrastructure.
- Maintain operating software such as OS, applications, library
- Closely control the production environment to ensure stability
- Proactively identify areas of improvement and help streamline
- Automate tools, systematically reducing manual effort.
- Troubleshoot system issues and failures.
- Plan for capacity growth.
- Monitor networks and security to ensure stability.
- Perform system performance tuning.
- Administer DNS.
- Maintain 99.99% system up time.
- Perform System Monitoring (server system logs, messages, and
- Share knowledge with other team members on the usage of
automation tools and help grow the team.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Provide extended availability as needed.
consultant must be able work on site in Austin, TX
Keywords: Turnberry Solutions, Austin , Administrator, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!