Real Estate Portfolio Manager - Austin
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in
single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate
investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want
to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and
sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in
stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers
build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a Great Place to Work and was
recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100
lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised over $135M
to date, is based in Oakland, California and Dallas,Texas with
approximately 180 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our
reviews and see why our employees love working here!
We've built an amazing culture where everyone has a voice. We're
nice. We get things done. We have fun. We believe in work-life
balance (yes, you can really take a vacation). And our values are
Be customer obsessed.
Act like an owner, because you are one.
Don't be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
Stay curious and create what's next. Fast.
Seriously. No jerks.
The Real Estate Portfolio Manager position is responsible for
the management of a portfolio of Streetlane single family homes
where you will be the owner of your market responsible for local
market operations and know everything about your homes. The ideal
candidate for this role will have property manager experience and
real estate license. You are expected to understand the financial
performance of your market and to drive its success. Reporting
directly to the Regional Real Estate Portfolio Manager, you will
provide oversight of the day-to-day operational activities in your
market and regular reporting of performance and success.
What You Will Do
- Maximize operational efficiencies of assets to reduce operating
expenses and increase ROI.
- Manage financial performance of their portfolio. Understand the
revenue and all costs involved and be the owner of the market to
ensure its profitability
- Maintain occupancy levels to meet financial goals.
- Handle property inspections as needed, assisting in
determination of turn scope, confirmation of turn completion,
pricing, and conditions where DOM is high.
- Oversee all property related pricing including acquisition,
sales, leasing and renewals
- Stay up to date on any information and trends impacting sales
and rentals in your market such as seasonal/neighborhood trends,
one-off impacts, and local regulation. Make final decisions for all
local market property manager related issues.
- Retain thorough knowledge of all assets within your portfolio,
including specific features such as bed, baths, rooms, and
- Maximize revenue by leasing-up vacant homes, renewing leases in
a timely and beneficial manner, and look for potential rent
- Work with the Regional Turn Manager and local vendors to
minimize R&M expenses
- Provide rehab recommendations to maximize rent and appeal to
potential residents and minimize expenses
- Handle prospect and tenant communication where a licensed agent
- Handle escalated situations and communications
- Ensure home condition is satisfactory prior to move-in
- Promote positive, harmonious relations between staff, vendors
- Provide general oversight of property maintenance and handle
challenging maintenance issues.
- Attend court where required
- Sign lease agreements
- Provide regular reporting and updates for all properties within
What You Bring With You
- Real Estate sales license for Texas is required.
- 5+ years of property management experience with single family
homes or multi-site, multi-family.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment.
- Neighborhood level knowledge for leasing, marketing and
- Strong background in client relations and customer
- Demonstrated strong negotiation skills.
- Highly motivated individual with strong organizational,
written, and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work
effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills.
- YARDI experience preferred.
- Valid Driver's license and insurance required.
- College degree preferred.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents
- Flexible time off and sick days
- Supplemental bonus to support "work from home" office
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company's
- As a remote team we are an upbeat and collaborative work
- Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the
values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including
hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training
opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age,
national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap,
mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or
identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition,
marital status, height and/or weight.
Keywords: Roofstock, Austin , Real Estate Portfolio Manager - Austin, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!