Resident Care Assistant $14-$15/hr Shift: 2pm-10pm
Company: Holiday Retirement
Posted on: May 3, 2021
What We Offer!
- One free meal per day in our communities
- Paid Holidays and Vacation for eligible full time
- Anniversary Award - $500 per year after 2 years
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Company paid group life insurance
- 401(k) match
- Transfers available Nationwide. Great for active Military and
- Employee Assistance Programs
Are you looking for a more deeply satisfying career? Would you
like to be able to make the most of your dedication, attention to
details and passion for helping others as you serve those who have
already spent their lives serving others?
The opportunity you've been seeking is waiting for you at
Holiday Retirement. We have a rewarding opening for a Resident Care
Assistant to attend to the care needs and well-being of our valued
assisted living residents.
Resident Care Assistant Responsibilities:
- Answer call lights in a timely manner (less than five (5)
- Daily internal contacts with Resident Care Coordinator,
Registered Nurse, Medication Assistant and Executive Director.
- Read daily Communication Log, new and updated Service Plans and
Alert Charting Log.
- Responsible for attending to all care needs of the residents in
their assigned sections, either scheduled or as they arise
following resident Service Plan. Check each resident at least every
- Set-up tables in preparation for meals.
- Assist with serving meals by bringing residents into the dining
room and taking orders. Serve drinks and food to the residents.
Verbally cue residents requiring assistance.
- Assist with clean-up following meals, including clearing dishes
off the tables and taking to the kitchen, wipe down tables, chair
seats, arms and backs, and pick up food from the floor by vacuuming
- Pick up laundry from resident apartments; rinse out soiled
laundry and dispose of dirty laundry in appropriate laundry
- Collect garbage from assigned resident apartments daily.
Immediately remove incontinent supplies that are wet or soiled.
Take trash to the dumpster as needed and at least one time per
- Assist with resident activities as requested or assigned.
- Chart any unusual incident or information needing to be passed
on to the Resident Care Coordinator, Registered Nurse or Medication
Assistant in the Communication Log. Chart vital signs taken during
your shift on any resident in the resident's Progress Notes. Report
any changes in resident needs or conditions to Resident Care
Coordinator. Report any tasks needing to be passed on or followed
through to off-going and on-coming shifts.
- Report any emergencies to the person in charge. Minor and
non-emergency changes should be reported to the Medication
Assistant. Family concerns expressed must be immediately reported
to the Resident Care Coordinator, Registered Nurse or the Executive
- Knowledge of proper transfer techniques and body mechanics to
transfer residents with appropriate assistance.
- Housekeeping duties for common areas including, but not limited
to, vacuuming, dusting, straightening up, wiping down tables and
chairs, clean bathrooms, replace paper towels and toilet tissue,
clean activity room, med room and utility by straightening up,
vacuum or mop floor and dust.
- Responsible for light clean-up of resident apartments as
necessary on a daily basis. Light clean-up is to include making
beds not changed by Housekeeper, spot check room, use extractor on
incontinent accidents immediately and any other clean up as
- External contacts include appropriate contacts with residents'
families and prospective residents.
- Take vital signs.
If you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of
older people, we'd love to talk to you. For 50 years, Holiday has
been in the business of helping older adults live better, age more
successfully and stay independent for as long as possible. Today,
over 30,000 older adults in over 260 communities across 43 states
call a Holiday community home: and our employees agree. Beginning
in early 2018, and every year since, Holiday has been certified a
great workplace by Great Place to Work Institute(R), an honor that
was also extended to 221 of its communities in 2020. Helping older
people live better is a tremendous privilege and we would love to
share more about our mission with you. Holiday Retirement is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to employing a diverse
workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex,
religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military
or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other
basis protected by local, state, or federal law. Req ID: 89244
Keywords: Holiday Retirement, Austin , Resident Care Assistant $14-$15/hr Shift: 2pm-10pm, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!