Logistics done differently.
XPO solutions solve complex business problems in simple and
innovative ways. As the Director, Strategic Sales, you'll be the
expert at presenting our capabilities and offerings. You will make
the complex simple and command an audience by bringing them along
for the journey. You will empower others to learn, to be curious,
and ultimately share your passion for the XPO story. If you are
excited by the challenge of connecting with clients, building
relationships, seizing opportunities and the thrill of closing the
deal, join XPO Logistics and we'll help you develop to a level that
will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive
compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health
insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance,
disability and the opportunity to participate in a sales incentive
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally
using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of
profitable business and sustainable relationships
- Serve as the lead seller for a set of global strategic
- Represent and sell the entire XPO portfolio to your customers
and seek to grow our overall wallet share of their logistics
- Translate customer's strategy and priorities into a pursuit
roadmap encompassed in a strategic account plan; drive execution of
key priorities and customer sales projects/opportunities
- Own and regularly update the global strategic account plan
including both current year and longer targets backed by a pipeline
- Provide clear direction and leadership to cross functional
teams regarding global account strategy to create and lead account
plans to achieve growth goals
- Create and articulate compelling value propositions around our
service offerings and ability to present the entire portfolio
including underlying technology to support the value
- Mine existing and prospective clients for portfolio
- Establish and maintain strong customer relationships with both
internal and external customers
- Maintain accuracy and timeliness of database with respect to
client accounts, contacts, prospective leads and progress status of
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations and competitors'
products, prices and sales; report on market and competitor
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Sales and Marketing, Logistics, or
equivalent related work or military experience
- 7 years of business development or 3PL sales experience
- Experience developing and maintaining executive-level sales
It'd be great if you also have:
- Experience in logistics sales and sales management, sustaining
and growing a portfolio of solutions of at least $25 million per
- Availability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to
motivate fellow team members and work in a collaborative fashion
with the highest integrity
- Advance degree in business or related field
- Ability to professionally represent the company, including
protecting company confidentiality around current and future
- Expert-level analytical, organizational and communication
skills, and the stamina to use them every day
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions
to the most successful companies in the world. We help our
customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology
and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic,
innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO
a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements
regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to
comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our
employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may
be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segment: Sales Management, Manager, Outside Sales, Business
Development, Sales, Management
Apply now "