What you'll do...
As primary health care providers, doctors of optometry (ODs),
take a leading role in patient care with respect to eye and vision
care as well as general health and well-being. Optometrists can
diagnose, treat, and manage diseases, disorders, and injuries of
the eye and related structure, as well as address systemic
conditions that can affect the eyes.
What you'll do:
- Evaluate patients' health condition within the full vision
center scope of service to ensure proper diagnosis and treatment in
accordance with optometry scope and practice per state board.
- Perform comprehensive eye examinations using observation,
pharmaceutical agents and instruments to determine visual
perception, acuity, focus and coordination.
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests; provide additional
treatment as necessary.
- Clearly document diagnosis and treatment plan, including
referrals, therapeutic prescriptions and any co-management with
external healthcare professionals as needed.
- Prescribe and fit glasses, contact lenses and other visual
- Deliver outstanding customer service and engagement in all
- Assists vision center staff on best practices and procedures;
ensuring adherence to state, local and federal healthcare
regulations and Walmart vision center guidelines.
- This job description is merely a summary and in no way states
or implies that these are the only duties to be performed.
Doctor of Optometry (OD) from an accredited optometry school
Valid state optometry license
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this
position. If none are listed, there are no minimum
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for
this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better.
This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make,
from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in
between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in
shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and
hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of
millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an
impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We
believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and
the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That
means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity - unique
styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being
inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans
for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life
insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work
because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend
on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are
subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program
terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see
Frequently asked questions
- On average, how long does it take to fill out an
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application
for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to
apply as our system saves some of your application information.
Please note that some positions require the completion of
assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those
would take additional time.
- Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so
please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the
- How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart
processes application information using an applicant tracking
system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to
authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high
security standards by Walmart.
- What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs