DeskSchedule:Saturday & Sunday from 7 am to 5
Reports to: General Manager (GM)/ Assistant
Manager (AM) / Shift Lead
Purpose: Help promote our Judgement Free Zone,
by representing our core values and adhering to our business
drivers during each scheduled shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform to your best abilities during your assigned work
- Monitor and maintain club cleanliness and atmosphere.
- Ensure that all proper training has been completed in order to
operate safely and efficiently.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure the store is presentable and
holding up to Excel Standard.
- Perform club inspections, complete assigned cleaning or
associated tasks along with re-inspecting said tasks.
- Process and Review Daily Club Activity Paperwork and file in
- Audit and Balance Cash Drawers on a daily basis.
- Update and Review Daily Club Reports and complete any
corresponding Data Entry Documents
- Maintain and clean the Front entrance to provide customers with
a clean, presentable, and welcoming environment
- Adhere to companys policies and guidelines and address any
- Provide a safe and secure environment for all members
- Communicate with members and a create a high level of customer
- Stocking all retail and promotional items for following
- Perform daily club inspections, complete assigned cleaning
- Understand and adhere to company standards, audit daily
paperwork, and help resolve any day-to-day customer issues.
- Audit club inventory and communicate with GM, AM and Shift Lead
on recommendations of inventory orders.
- Staying up to date on all required certifications and training
- Communicating with, promoting, touring, and assisting prospects
and potential members
- Assisting General Manager and Assistant Manager with club
promotions, training, and implementation of any operational
- Ensuring Facility complies with all state and federal laws and
- Operating and Assisting applicable members with use of Tanning,
hydro, and Total Body Enhancement Equipment and making sure all
applicable paperwork and procedures are adhered to.
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Familiar with Excel mission, values, vision, and culture, as
well as the Planet Fitness brand and operational requirements
- Great communication skills with internal and external
- Must be team oriented, motivated and well organized.
Work Environment: This job operates in a
fitness club environment and routinely uses standard office
equipment such as computers, photocopiers, fax machines and phones.
The noise level in the club environment may be loud on a regular
Physical Demands: The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and
reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance,
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee
must frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally
lift and move objects up to 75 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a
full-time OR part-time, non-exempt position. A non-exempt employee
is one who is entitled to the minimum wage and/or overtime pay
protections of the FLSA. Days and hours of work can be expected to
be between 1-40 hours a week. Club hours vary per location. This
position may work outside of normal business hours to include
evenings and weekends as needed. These hours are subject to change
at any time dependent on business needs.
EEO Statement: Excel Fitness is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the policy of equal
employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement,
and all other employment practices
Other Duties: Please note this job description
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the
Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ
neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for
franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved
authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for
franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for
ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.