Company: AMITA Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We Are Hiring
- Mammograpy experience preferred.
- M-F (7:30-4:00)
What You Will Do
Provide mammography imaging services.
- Operate equipment and perform various mammography related
procedures. Prepare and position patients and select anatomic and
technical parameters accurately.
- Explain procedures and educate patients about the role of
regular mammography in preventive breast health.
- Develop and evaluate the film for technical quality such as
density contrast, definition, and distortion.
- Follow radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
- Ensure equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to
include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film
storage area and any other areas in department.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job
transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular
Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in General Practice
credentialed from the Texas Medical Radiologic Technologist
Certification Program obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Mammography
credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
(ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date
or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and
affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran
status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only
to individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: AMITA Health, Austin , Technologist-Mammographer, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!