Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Title: Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 148402BR
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you
will do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is
safe. Your work will have real-world impact and supported in
achieving your career goals.
Location/Division: Austin, Texas Corporate Technology
How will you make an impact?
As part of the product development team of scientists and
engineers you will design, modify, develop, implement, and maintain
software services and tools using latest technologies.
What will you do?
- Build and maintain Bioinformatics data processing
- Design, analyze and troubleshoot Bioinformatics related designs
and software like BLAST services
- Work with enormous amounts of data - loading, migration and
optimizing CRUD operations
- Build and maintain SQL scripts and PL/SQL procedures
- Build and maintain Java based web services
- Analyze and troubleshoot data, web service issues, and
implement improvement solutions
How will you get here?
Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Biology, or
- Basic knowledge of Bio Sciences and Genetics
- Familiarity with Bioinformatics tools
- Good knowledge of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL, Oracle, and MySQL
- Good knowledge of Core Java and Java EE (Servlets, JSP)
- Good knowledge of scripting languages like PERL
- Knowledge of UNIX /Linux systems
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Bio Sciences and Genetics
- Experience with Agile Software Development process
- Excellent communication/documentation skills
- Must be detail oriented and a self-starter
- Multi-tasking with good follow through skills, good
- Ability to work well in a team environment or work
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
using latest tools and technology
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Austin , Software Engineer, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!