Austin 10 Service - Checker - Part-Time
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Do you enjoy chatting with different Customers every day? H-E-B
needs energetic and motivated Partners willing to work hard and
have fun while making our Customers feel welcome. No matter what
background you bring, or where you are in your career, we welcome
you to join our community where People come first.
As a Checker, you'll get to know our Customers, and treat them
to excellent service and community spirit. As a reward for your
efforts, we offer lots of opportunities, great pay, flexible hours,
fantastic benefits, and the training and education you need to
learn, grow, and move your career forward.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so
we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and
Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important
resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that
make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... commitment to work hard to make sure People
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... strong customer service skills and a desire
PASSION FOR RESULTS... willingness to go above and beyond to
help your Customers and your work Team?
We are looking for:
- an ability to work in a fast-paced environment while keeping
focused on the Customer
- dependability and attention to detail
What is the work?
- Provides superior customer service; looks for ways to go above
and beyond what our Customers expect
- Answers product-related questions for customers, and offers
additional or alternative products and services
- Processes customer transactions of goods and services
- Collects cash, check, or charge payment from customer and makes
change for cash transactions
- Uses electronic scanner to record prices
- Weighs items, bags merchandise, and redeems food stamps and
- Monitors and manages potential front-end shrink
- Performs Customer Service Assistant duties frequently
What is your background?
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in customer service
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Checker?
- Courteous, energetic, and helpful attitude
- Precision in scanning and keying; attention to detail
- Ability to get along with others
- Function in a fast-paced, retail environment, in detailed and
- Work with Customers, staying attentive to their needs
- Constantly* stand, reach at waist, perform fine motor
- Occasionally walk, reach overhead, reach at shoulder, reach at
knee, reach at floor, bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, stair
climb, pivot, twist, push / pull with arms, pinch
- Occasionally be exposed to cold, hot, loud noise, and wet
- Demonstrate the ability to lift 35 lbs, and manage in excess of
- Successfully complete Checker training and Alcohol Seller's
- While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are
generally defined as--Constantly: 5.5 hours per 8-hour day;
Frequently: 2.5 - 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 - 2.5
hours per 8-hour day
It is the responsibility of each individual Partner to never
lift beyond his or her own safe lifting limit. If an item is too
heavy to lift, push or pull, and / or carry, the Partner must break
the box down into lighter, smaller, more manageable components, or
ask for assistance from another Partner or a manager.
Keywords: H-E-B, Austin , Austin 10 Service - Checker - Part-Time, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!