Cox Automotive is hiring a full-time, experienced Lead Technical
Architect at our Cox Automotive office for the Common Retail
Services (CRS) group in Austin, TX.
Cox Automotive offers the chance to take a leading role in the
digital revolution of the automotive industry. We are on a journey
to transform our product portfolio into a broad offering of
reusable services delivered in the cloud, enabling the rapid
delivery of industry-leading experiences that customers love.
Architects are the technology change agents delivering this
modernization and innovation. They are energetic influencers that
build world-class solutions for key Cox Automotive business
domains, including vehicle valuation, acquisition, pricing,
inventory management, and merchandising.
As an architect for Common Retail Services (CRS), you will
partner with engineers and other architects to design our
next-generation enterprise-wide platform services, including aiding
the success of:
- Cloud-native applications in AWS
- Application modernization to microservices
- Portfolio rationalization that consolidates back end systems
and duplicative integrations
- Business, product, and engineering collaborations
- Technical standards definition
- New technology adoption
- Meeting performance, availability, scalability, reliability,
maintainability, and security SLAs
- Serve as a technology thought leader.
- Champion technology and architecture-related investments,
advocating for the priority of this work.
- Define solution architectures aligned to business needs in
collaboration with product and engineering.
- Facilitate collaborative design discussions and drive design
- Partner with product to envision future features and help plan
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert to engineering.
- Assist with the development of architecture standards.
- Assist with improving architecture practices.
- Assist with governing software development to ensure the
satisfaction of non-functional requirements.
- Build software prototypes to validate architecture approaches
and assess emerging technologies.
- At ease advocating for technical solutions and enjoy the
challenge of influencing others
- Ability to write high-quality blog posts and technical
- Ability to serve as a technology mentor, facilitating the
growth of Cox Automotive colleagues
- Ability to manage conflict and maintain productive working
- Ability to code in any language using any technology stack
- SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- AWS (preferred), GCP, or Azure services and solution
- REST API design and microservice implementation
- Object-oriented design including common patterns
- Distributed systems
- Docker, Kubernetes, and other container technologies
- .NET Core, Java or a willingness to become an expert
- Automotive industry experience or a desire to become an
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of
every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation,
client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and
owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more
than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the
best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry
forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer
brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are
creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like
Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common
purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.