Systems Engineer/Product Definer - Audio Amplifiers
Company: Cirrus Logic
Posted on: April 10, 2021
You will be responsible for defining integrated circuit (IC) and
solutions for consumer products by translating the customer's needs
into the detailed design and test specifications used to guide the
design of the IC.
Play a fundamental role in defining next-generation devices for
Cirrus Logic's audio amplifier business and ensuring that those
devices meet customer requirements.
This role is highly valued, can receive considerable recognition
and will be part of a close-knit, winning team. This is a highly
visible position with significant career advancement
- Collaborate with tier 1 customers and internal engineering
teams to define system and performance requirements, feature set,
and architecture definition for complex IC designs involving Class
AB/D audio amplifiers, Buck/Boost converters, charge pumps,
ADCs/DACs, and Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Consider all product requirements such as customers'
requirements, digital/analog process technologies, packaging
options, design/system constraints, and trade-offs and propose
- Communicate ideas and specifications to internal and external
- Author, review, and update design specifications and validation
- Participate in architecture reviews, IC-level design reviews
and board-level design reviews with design engineering,
applications, validation, and product test engineers
- Perform thorough competitive analysis including lab
- Participate in industry conferences and forums to ensure device
compatibility with adopted standards
- Travel domestically and internationally approximately 2 - 5
weeks per year to work with customers
- Autonomously manage contending customer- and project-related
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in
architecting, specifying and designing low power, mixed-signal
integrated circuits for audio processing in portable electronic
products such as smartphones, tablets, music/video players,
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- MS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening
and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and
performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national
origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion,
physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status,
sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Cirrus Logic, Austin , Systems Engineer/Product Definer - Audio Amplifiers, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!