Software Engineer (SRE/DevOps)
Company: Cox Automotive
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Primary Location: 10415 Morado Cir, Austin, TX, USADivision: Cox
AutomotiveJob Level: Individual ContributorTravel: NoSchedule:
Full-timeShift: Day JobRequisition Number: 202100088 Cox Automotive
is adding an 3+ years experienced SRE/Infrastructure/DevOps -
Software Engineer (.NetCore, AWS, Agile) to join our vAuto group in
Austin, TX. About vAuto vAuto, Inc. is an industry leading
innovator and provider of automotive software solutions. Since the
company was founded in 2005, vAuto has launched several first-in
industry innovations, including its current suite of solutions that
deliver a better way to price, appraise and stock pre-owned
vehicles. We are a fast-moving technology company specializing in
web & mobile application solutions for the Automotive Industry. Our
Software Engineers are energetic influencers who thrive on
designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and
delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are
looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on
individuals who are comfortable collaborating within the Agile
methodology as part of a cross-functional team, have experience
working in fast-paced environments, and who have the passion and
skills to take our product offerings to the next level. The Job As
a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for design and
implement DevOps tooling application which enables engineering
teams to build and maintain cloud-based solutions which are secure,
scalable, resilient, monitored, auditable and cost optimized.
Design and implement continuous delivery pipelines that serve the
purpose of provisioning and operating development/tests as well as
production environments. This position requires strong development,
design, and communication skills to effectively work with team
members and across teams. Support and work alongside a
cross-functional engineering team building the DevOps culture and
bringing in latest technologies. Technology We Use
- Dev platform (.Net, .Net core)
- AWS Cloud Infrastructure
- Serverless (Aurora, Fargate, Lambda)
- DBs (RDS, DynamoDB, Elasticache)
- Storage (S3, EBS)
- CICD (Codebuild, codepipeline, Github Enterprise)
- Containers (ECS, ECR, Kubernetes)
- Networking (Cloudfront, R53, API Gateway)
- IaC (terraform, cloud formation, packer)
- Logging (Splunk, Cloudwatch)
- APM (New Relic) The Role
- Be really awesome.
- Solid hands-on working experience with configuring and
maintaining resources on AWS.
- Monitoring and resolving security & data privacy issues related
with AWS resources.
- In-depth, hands on experience with Terraform (strongly
preferred) and/or CloudFormation.
- Familiar with at least one container orchestration platform.
ECS or Kubernetes is preferred.
- Have an understanding and experience of both deploying and
maintaining these systems.
- Mentoring development teams with AWS best practices on
application architecture, security and governance.
- Helping to ensure the maximum productivity and effectiveness of
the entire SDLC process.
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the
assigned applications, functional areas or projects.
- Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise,
best practices, newer frameworks, and patterns related to all
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned
applications, functional areas or projects.
- Work with the team to ensure the quality of the assigned
applications, functional areas or projects. Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in .Net, .Net core.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience for each of the
- Experience in DevOps or Systems Engineering.
- Experience in AWS Cloud infrastructure.
- Experience deploying, managing, monitoring and auditing
applications on cloud infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience with Agile software development
processes What We Look For:
- Experience in software development using .Net and .Net
- Experience and understanding of working in AWS
- Experience in building DevOps tooling applications which
enables standardizing application development across teams.
- Experience supporting infrastructure for large multi-services
- Experience working with infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD, and
automated build tools
- Experience in Cloud application security and governance.
- Experience working with ECS, EKS, Kubernetes, or other
container orchestration tools
- Ability to turn high-level requirements into a working system
through iterative development
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated
- Must be an effective communicator
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work
experience Learn more about Cox Automotive
- Location and 360 walkthrough - http://bit.ly/1UctesS
- Make Your Mark -
- We Are Cox Automotive -
- The Connected Cox Automotive Story -
- Transforming the Auto Industry -
- Cox Conserves - https://tinyurl.com/y5ezc6ec
- Explore Tech Careers @ Cox Automotive -
- From the SVP of Product & Engineering -
Who We AreAbout Cox AutomotiveTheres nothing ordinary about Cox
Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion
for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We
make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for
everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents,
we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the
automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for
our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book,
while others are creating the future of automotive at
industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About
Cox We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose
that unites us at coxenterprises.com. Cox is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will
receive consideration for employment without regard to that
individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or
ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status,
genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by law.Statement to ALL Third-Party
Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from
agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do
not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox
employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is
not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited
Keywords: Cox Automotive, Austin , Software Engineer (SRE/DevOps), Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!