Company: Mobile Posse
Posted on: April 6, 2021
The Data Scientist position will work closely with business
leaders and the technical organization to determine and present an
understanding of the most sensitive technical business drivers for
increasing business value. We are looking for an analytical leader
who can work independently to accomplish Product Managers' goals of
optimizing application delivery to mobile devices and added revenue
to the business. The ideal candidate will need to utilize and/or
develop various statistical and software models to accomplish their
objectives along with understanding the data that is provided and
the populations needed to draw their conclusions. This candidate
will also need excellent presentation skills to present their
findings to our business colleagues in order to help drive decision
making and understanding between the science and business aspects
of Digital Turbine's data profile. Successful Candidates will have
the following abilities:
- Collecting and understanding data sets for the purpose of
analyzing business results, delivering business value, and
determining new studies for future analysis.
- Ability to build out and integrate into existing frameworks for
data collection and analysis.
- Strong understanding of techniques used in data analysis (e.g.,
Linear Regression, Decision Trees, ALS).
- Strong understanding and 3-5 years experience with machine
- Understanding of machine learning as applied to the mobile
- Displayed ability to deliver value to the business with
- Minimum: Masters level Statistics background with application
to Computer Science. Requirements:
- Masters Degree in Data Science or Statistics
- 10+ years of experience in computer and data science
- Apache Spark.
- Apache Spark MLLIB.
- Languages: Scala, R, Python, Java
- Database and Data System experience: Redshift, PostgreSQL, AWS
- Experience with AWS EMR, Lambda (a plus).
- Prior experience with statistical tools such as SAS.
- Databricks experience (a plus) About Digital Turbine At Digital
Turbine, we believe there is better way for smartphone users to
discover new apps and content. Our Mobile Delivery Platform makes
it easier than ever for people to discover new apps frictionlessly,
for operators and OEMs to build new revenue streams, and for
advertisers reach users at scale. We are a global mobile technology
company that is passionate about delivering the right content to
the right person at the right time. Digital Turbine has delivered
more than one billion app installs for hundreds of advertisers.
More than 22 million smartphone users engage with Digital Turbine's
software technology each month across more than 30 global operators
and OEMs. Reasons to Work for Digital Turbine:
- We are a leader in an evolving industry - The mobile app
business is booming and changing every day, which means that we are
always adapting to stay ahead of the curve.
- Take an Opportunity to work with the industry's top talent -
Many of our employees have over a decade's worth of experience in
the mobile app space. We are a company of 'A' players and only look
for the best people to join our team.
- We live our values - We regularly Laugh and applaud our Results
with our Global partners.
- We are a company that values diversity & inclusion. Everyone
has a voice and can make their mark - Every employee has the
opportunity to implement new processes, design new programs, and be
creative within their unique role.
- High Growth-We are growing quickly, which gives our employees
exciting opportunities to take on new challenges and have a
significant impact on the company's future.
- Flexible work environment - Employees enjoy coming to work in
jeans, working in an open environment, and lounging on couches with
their laptop. We offer an unlimited vacation policy too! We work
hard but respect our employee's work/life balance and general
well-being. Freedom is one of our values.
- Company Equity-- All employees are expected to make an impact,
so everyone is granted stock options when they join the
- Equitable Compensation-we believe in every employee's impact,
giving every employee annual stock option award, a bonus that is
based on both individual and company performance and we pay a basic
- When we say global, we mean it-Digital Turbine has 6 physical
locations around the world and employees in more than 10
- We fuel your "tank"-In addition to a great job with great
people, our office kitchens are stocked with plenty of snacks and
drinks to help get you through each day.
- Beer Fridays-Every Friday afternoon, the company breaks away
from work to come together and unwind after a busy week. Enjoy
coffee, tea, juices, soda, and water anytime. Employment decisions
are based on the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative
action; without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national
origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Mobile Posse, Austin , Data Scientist, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!