Client Platform Debug Lead - 85669
Posted on: April 5, 2021
What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in
changing the world for the better by driving innovation in
high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization
technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and
the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes
amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will
go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people
who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push
boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have
this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the
opportunities available to come join our team.
Client Platform Debug Lead / Engineer
Client (Desktop & Laptop) Platform Debug Lead that will work with
internal validation and our customer teams during critical issue
escalations and help get issues resolved in time to meet customer
development or sustaining milestones.
Include debugging PC systems with an emphasis on Platform issues
- During development, the debug lead is expected to provide root
cause analysis and guidance to internal design teams to help close
any gating issues. This individual is required to be a self-starter
and be able to deal with a high level of ambiguity.
- Lead complex debug efforts for customer/partner findings to
identify root cause and resolution.
- Improve debug capabilities and methodology over time by
identifying common challenges or impediments to efficient debug and
working with partner organizations to drive innovation in tools and
- Manage and track technical issues, risks and priorities. Manage
customer and executive communications, including program status,
risks and opportunities.
- Support product engineering in resolving customer issues which
require system-level expertise Provide debug, applications support,
and design assistance to customers, and field applications.
- 10+ years or more of experience in roles involve debugging PC
development issues including OS, FW, Silicon, and HW issues.
- A thorough understanding of PC industry standard busses and
their software stack, such as PCIe, USB, and SATA is required in
addition to knowledge of Windows Internals, Kernel mode driver
programming, Operating Systems & Applications.
- Strong knowledge of X86 and chipset architectures and Power
management specially Modern Standby desired.
- Experience with debugging at least one below areas:
- User or kernel mode drivers for Window, Linux or chrome
- Hands-on Experience debugging low-level firmware such as UEFI
- Power Management and modern standby FW and HW issues
- Expertise in PCIE or USB electrical and protocol level issue
- System level debugging skills that enable the root causing of
potential issues at the operating system level.
- Expert use of tools such as Jtag debuggers, logic analyzers,
SATA, USB, and PCIe bus analyzers is desired.
- Familiarity with board level design is an added bonus
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrable experience in design of
experiments to solve problems
- Excellent communication skills are required in the role of
- Bachelor's or Master degree in engineering or computer
Requisition Number: 85669
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its
subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider
candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status,
medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin,
race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran
status. Please click here for more information.
Keywords: AMD, Austin , Client Platform Debug Lead - 85669, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!