Head of Casting and Talent
Company: Rooster Teeth Productions, LLC.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Austin-based entertainment and media company Rooster Teeth is
searching for a new Head of Talent for its Direct team, Rooster
Teeth's direct-to-consumer content business. We're searching for a
candidate that is highly motivated and passionate about supporting
creative talent, with a background in building programs and
strategies to identify, cast, and develop new on-camera
personalities. Rooster Teeth also has an expansive ecosystem of
brands and digital series that require a nimble and adaptable Head
of Talent that is capable of supporting the needs of our current
roster of creators, while also collaborating with lead producers to
create new opportunities for talent both internally and externally.
This position will report directly to the SVP of Partnerships and
Strategy. Please note that this is NOT a standard recruitment
position. *In this climate of constant change, candidates must be
able to work and telecommunicate from home, as well as be able to
work onsite if/when that becomes an option.* Responsibilities:
- Guide and support producers casting audio/video podcasts,
comedy, and gaming series.
- Coach the creative and professional development of full-time
- Identify and shepherd candidates, both internally and
externally sourced, for full-time on-camera roles.
- Create a talent/development pipeline that prioritizes inclusive
and equitable casting and best practices.
- Expand the roster of contract-based guests and recurring
- Follow trends in digital programming, and identify areas of
potential growth that require investments in internal creative and
talent development. Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience working directly with creative talent as
a casting director, manager, agent, creative executive, producer,
or another similar role is required.
- Background working within the digital entertainment industry,
including but not limited to YouTube, Twitch, podcasting, gaming,
and short-form comedy, is highly desirable.
- Experience performing on camera, particularly in digital
content, is also a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
- Ability to navigate and build strong interdepartmental
- High level of organization, detail orientation, and ability to
time-manage across multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact with all
personality types and behaviors.
- Knowledge of SAG & AFTRA union contracts a plus.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Use What You Need paid time off
- 401(k) with a company match
- Catered meal on Mondays
- Opportunity for career growth
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly About Rooster Teeth Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven,
community built entertainment company. From humble origins in a
spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue,
an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape
that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that
foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle
brand for its growing online following with subscriptions,
advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces
several original content series including RWBY, the most popular
western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth Podcast, and
daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential
talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and
a world class animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages
industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and
creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences
through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming
lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its
industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster
Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million
subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers
across its-- RoosterTeeth.com --hub and more than 4 million
registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and
is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company. Discover
more at RoosterTeeth.com .--
Keywords: Rooster Teeth Productions, LLC., Austin , Head of Casting and Talent, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!