UX Research and Interaction Designer
Company: Idera, Inc.
Posted on: February 20, 2021
At IDERA we are on a mission: to help professionals see and
understand their data. The User Experience team at IDERA is looking
to bring on a UX Designer to define experiences and interactions
that will help professionals better answer questions about their
data, more quickly and easily.
We are a small, distributed team with engineering and product
management from diverse backgrounds. Our product line consists of
enterprise-level tools for databases, developers, and testing. Our
software is mature with a well-established user base. We need a UX
Designer with strong research and interviewing skills. Who
can improve our enterprise data-intensive workflows and
interactions without overhauling the UI. Who is sensitive to user's
current workflows and enjoys puzzles.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Performing User Research on targeted products.
- Work with Sr. UX Manager, product managers, architects and
developers to improve product experiences through research and
application of UXD best practices.
- Define and develop key interaction models, workflows, and
- Create mockups and prototypes using existing design
- Present designs to the team and be able to explain design
- Work within and help refine brand and establish product design
- Create effective user interface design specifications to help
- Attend developer demos to ensure designs were implemented
- Define strategic user research and design implementation
- Advocate for UX to be added to releases with product
- Walk through products and create jira tickets to improve
- Perform user research and testing, which includes recruiting
- Create and send surveys.
- 2+ years of user experience, not including schooling.
- Outstanding portfolio showing hands-on UX track record.
- Experience designing for enterprise web applications, big data
and data visualization.
- Proven history improving user workflows and interactions.
- Expert knowledge of Interaction Design, UI Design, User
Experience best practices, usability principles, and
- Extensive experience building and rapidly iterating on
wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
- Experience conducting user research (i.e surveys, observational
customer interviews and usability testing).
- Able to produce user requirements and insights documentation
(i.e. personas and user scenarios).
- Knows when to apply best practices and when to perform user
- Able to develop and propose a strategic research and design
- Expert at using prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, Zeplin
- Experience working remote and freelance.
- A self-starter, who is used to being the sole UX designer.
- Able to multitask and work on multiple products at once.
- Require very little direction.
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal).
- Design experience for legacy enterprise desktop and web
applications with extensive data.
- Basic knowledge of Dev Ops, Developer tools, Database
development, management and monitoring products including
performance management and administration solutions.
- BA degree in HCI, Interaction Design or related technical field
or equivalent practical experience.
Please note, this is not a visual design or development
- This is an on-going contract with no end date.
- You must be available to work up to 30 hours a week.
- You must be able to attend meetings between 8 AM and 11 AM CST,
Monday - Friday.
- You must be fluent in speaking and writing English. We use chat
and Jira for most of our communication.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - Females, Minorities, Veterans,
Disabled and Other Protected Groups
Idera, Inc and it's subsidiaries are committed to respecting and
protecting the privacy of its customers, job applicants, partners
and website visitors. For more information about our Privacy
Statement, please go to . By clicking on the "Apply Now" button,
you understand and agree that the use of Idera's web site is
including the fact that Idera and it's subsidiaries may transfer
your personal information collected in connection with your
registration on this website to its affiliates globally and to
third party entities that provide services to Idera and it's
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Idera, Inc., Austin , UX Research and Interaction Designer, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!