Sr. Indirect Procurement Strategist
Company: Whole Foods Market IP. L.P.
Posted on: February 20, 2021
HIRING ALERT: We're hiring in-store shoppers near you! Flexible
scheduling, at least $15/hr minimum starting pay and quick hiring
process. -- Learn More> > > Location Austin, Texas, United
States of America Global Support Job DescriptionResponsible for
facilitating the regional/local (and potentially some global)
indirect buying programs and related procurement opportunities.
Works with the various internal business and external partners to
streamline how WFM sources products, focusing on partnership,
transparency, integrity, and ease of procurement. Strives to
maximize process effectiveness and minimize
- Performs spend and usage analysis from a variety of sources,
including supplier submissions.
- Generates reporting on cross-category cost performance and
project status for leadership.
- Supports and assists in contract negotiations with the
suppliers, service providers, and distributor partners.
- Participates in the supplier review meetings to help assess
service, growth trajectory, category movement, and opportunities
for additional savings.
- Develops and inputs item review information for evaluation by
WFM's management and the applicable WFM teams.
- Participates in manufacturer audits and site visits to ensure
the manufacturing practices and raw materials are in line with
WFM's market standards.
- Monitors the usage and financial metrics to assess a variety of
areas, including Goods Not for Resale (GNFR).
- Checks the inventory transitions and off-program purchases,
working with the distributors and regions to identify issues and
develop strategies for resolution.
- Monitors overall product usage and recommends item
rationalization for additional savings and regulatory
- Oversees the rebate accounting reports for volume commitment
- Assists with other projects as assigned.Skills:
- Proficient in the use of standard procurement tools (Coupa
Sourcing Optimization preferred) and methods.
- Capable of performing mathematical and statistical
- Advanced or greater skills in Excel, PowerPoint, SmartSheet and
data analysis/query software.
- Familiar with procure-to-pay technical platforms (SAP Ariba and
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and
- With guidance, presents information and responds to questions
in one-on-one situations with internal and external customers.
- Tailors communication approach to specific situations and
- Supports the team and cross-functional projects within a
defined area of responsibility.
- Works as a fully competent Team Member.
- Plans, estimates, organizes, and monitors projects, keeping
them on track financially, creatively, and in accordance with the
- Understands the company's and the business unit's strategies,
goals, and objectives.
- Able to identify the alignment / misalignment of the team's
goals with the larger organizational strategy, goals, and
objectives.Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 2-4 years' relevant experience OR equivalent
combination of education and relevant experience. At Whole Foods
Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all
Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other
legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and
promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the
position to be filled and business needs. Real benefits go beyond
what you'd expect. We call ours "Whole Benefits," and they cover
Physical, Mental, and Financial health. Here are a few of the perks
you can expect in these areas. We offer access to health insurance
for all full-time Team Members to keep you feeling great. 20%
In-Store Discount Our most famous benefit, every Team Member gets a
20% in-store discount on your favorite products. Plus, after six
months, you have the opportunity to increase that discount up to
30%. PTO Cash-Out Once per year, eligible US Team Members can take
100% of unused PTO hours and convert them into pay Total Health
Immersions Four times a year, we send select Team Members to a
week-long health getaway to help create and sustain healthy
lifestyle changes. We pay 100% of the costs and even 50% of your
spouse's costs if they want to join. Whole Planet Foundation Team
Member Volunteer Program Eligible Team Members can travel for 2-3
weeks to the communities where Whole Foods Market sources products
and funds microcredit clients through its Whole Planet Foundation.
Career Learning and Development Better yourself as you better us.
We give you comprehensive training, programs and clear career paths
to help you grow. Our Core Values Our core values have guided us
since Day 1. We live them every day, and they've helped make us who
we are today. We Sell the Highest Quality Natural and Organic Foods
We Satisfy and Delight our Customers We Promote Team Member Growth
and Happiness We Create Profits and Prosperity We Care About our
Communities and the Environment We Practice Win-Win Partnership
with our Suppliers Sign up for Job Alerts Not seeing a fit? Sign up
for job alerts and we'll notify you the moment a new job you want
is posted. How would you rate your experience popup "Whole Foods
Market" is a registered trademark of Whole Foods Market IP,
Keywords: Whole Foods Market IP. L.P., Austin , Sr. Indirect Procurement Strategist, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!