Specialist II, Neurosurgery
Company: Aesculap Inc.
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Aesculap Inc.Specialist II, NeurosurgeryUS-TX-AustinJob ID:
2021-17731Type: Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category: SalesTX
Aesculap Sales DivisionOverviewAesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company,
is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting
the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close
collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced
technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure
technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and
responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that
improve the quality of patients' lives.ResponsibilitiesPosition
Summary: Responsible for contributing to the Company's strategic
objectives of revenue growth, market leadership and quality
customer service through the sale of Aesculap products to targeted
accounts, and the development of new customers in assigned
territory. Aids in exceeding established sales objectives.
Represent Aesculap in providing clinical support to include
troubleshooting and follow up with Hospital and Clinics. Works
closely with customer in Operating Room (OR) during procedures.
Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and
company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and
effective ways. Responsibilities: Essential Duties:
- Calls on current customers and prospects; provides technical,
marketing, and administrative product information and
demonstrations; quotes appropriate customer prices using online
- Particular focus on both contracted and noncontract accounts
performing Neuro and or Spine surgery, spending approximately 80%
of work time meeting with them - usually in a hospital operating
- Represent Aesculap during surgical procedures by ensuring
access to all necessary equipment and products required for the
case, device selection, programming, implantation, and testing of
all device systems.
- Requires hand on demonstration and detailed in-servicing to
ensure product use per Manufacturer's IFU.
- Providing technical product information for the best
therapeutic outcome for patient.
- Effectively explain advanced characteristics and features of
Aesculap Neuro products to Operating Room staff & Surgeon.
- Distinguished by additional specialized knowledge in breadth
and/or depth, as well as record of success in sales.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and
evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Work closely with customers in OR setting during medical
procedures, flexible schedule to meet customer needs
- Understand hospital buying process for implantable devices,
including Capital Budget planning, Value Analysis department, and
physician preference decisions.
- Provide clinical support in surgeries, troubleshooting, and
follow ups in hospitals and clinics
- Responds to customer needs, requirements and problems in
accordance with Company policy, acts as liaison between customer
and Neuro Business Unit, Customer Service, and Credit departments
- Remains informed of new products and other general information
of interest, communicates that information to customers in order to
better support the clinical outcomes for patients; monitors and
gathers information on competitive activity.
- Strong ability to develop relationships with surgeons, hospital
staff, and other appropriate personnel within Target accounts.
- Schedule and conduct personalized sales demonstrations to the
Surgeon; operating room staff; and sterile processing within
- Educate and train physicians; hospital personnel; and office
staff on technical matters relating to our products
- Build trust with target key opinion leaders.
- Maintains account records and reports activities and submits as
required by the Company.
- Manages and submits sales expenses in accordance with budget
and company policy.
- Monitors, gathers, and submits information on competitor
activity to manager.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Effectively manages personal sales sample inventory and ensure
Setworld product is returned in a timely manner per company
- Attends training sessions as assigned by
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated
in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned Secondary or peripheral job
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally by air
and car, and work occasional weekends. Must possess a valid
government issued driver's license and passport. Requires excellent
written and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills in Windows, Lotus e-mail, Excel, Power Point,
and word processing desirable.
- This position requires the handling of instruments that may
have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In
compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration
(OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working
environment for all employees.Supervisory Responsibilities:
- B.A./B.S. required; preferably in business/marketing or
- At minimum two years of previous sales experience, in the
healthcare or business to business setting.
- Account management skills, which include problem solving,
customer relations, and budgeting activities.
- Knowledge of the Operating Room environment preferred
- Well-developed Consultative sales approach as must for success
in this role
- Established key relationships within the OR environment
- Experience in conducting presentation of complex statistical
and clinical data to surgeons and health executives with preference
in the neurosurgery market
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with and
between customer key decision makers (Neurosurgeon, Neuro PAs,
Nurse Practitioners and C Suite personnel)
- Understanding of cranial anatomy preferred.Language and
mathematical skills; reasoning ability: Language Skills:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and
technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
- Ability to effectively present information to top management,
public groups, and/or boards of directors. Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to define problems, collect date, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or
hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or
feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 75 pounds. B. Braun offers an excellent benefits
package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition
reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety
healthcare products or view a listing of our employment
opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
www.bbraunusa.com.. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B.
Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of
healthcare products and services.All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy,
genetic information, or other legally protected
Keywords: Aesculap Inc., Austin , Specialist II, Neurosurgery, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!