School Improvement Specialist
Company: Texas Education Agency
Posted on: January 13, 2021
MISSION: -The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes
for all public-school students in the state by providing
leadership, guidance, and support to school systems.
POSITION OVERVIEW: -The specialist performs highly advanced
consultative services and technical assistance work for state and
federal accountability, interventions, and support. This position
reports to a Regional School Improvement Manager. The school
improvement specialist works to ensure implementation of school
improvement plans lead to improved student outcomes for students.
The specialist works directly with improving the performance of
low-performing schools across the state to ensure all students in
Texas graduate college and/or career-ready. -
Please note that a resume is a required attachment for applying to
this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Additionally, please be sure to respond to the short answer prompts
found in the supplemental questions. These responses should be
added in a separate Word or PDF document in the attachments section
of the application.
Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must
submit to a national criminal history background check. -
- Critically evaluate and provide feedback on all submitted plans
(targeted improvement and turnaround plans and mid-year funding
reports) for alignment to the Effective Schools Framework (ESF)
and/or TEA guidance.
- Communicate and influence leaders by providing effective
feedback related to targeted improvement and turnaround plans that
result in schools taking action toward school improvement.
- Provide high-quality customer service to external stakeholders
(ESCs, DCSIs and other primary campus contacts (principals, SSOs,
etc.)) by providing valuable feedback, guidance, and support in
navigating the school improvement process.
- Ensure approved targeted improvement and turnaround plans
result in achievement of school accountability scores.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: -Education: -Graduation from an accredited
four-year college or university. Advanced degree with major course
work in public education is preferred.
Experience: -At least (4) years of experience in working in school
districts, educations service centers, university settings and/or
with statewide initiatives. -
Substitutions: -An advanced degree may substitute for two years of
required experience. -OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: -
- Must have a valid certification in public education
- Mid-management, Principal, or Administrator certification
- Demonstrate an understanding of the continuous school
improvement process that leads to effective school turnaround
including instructional leadership, school culture, and change
- Demonstrate an understanding of state and federal
accountability system and the necessary actions and measurable
progress required to meet state standards
- Proficient in analyzing improvement and turnaround plans and
providing feedback, setting clear expectations, and holding others
accountable for performance -
- A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and
- Adept in long-term planning and project management, including
establishing outcomes, determining evaluative measures, and
tracking progress; analytical thinking; conceptual thinking; root
cause analysis based on data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess outstanding leadership and personal relations
skills including the ability to impact and influence others to
- Thrives in a collaborative, results-oriented team
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet
- Ability to set clear expectations and hold others accountable
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to
race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or
veteran status, unless an applicant is entitled to the veteran's
Additional Military Crosswalk (occupational specialty code)
information can be accessed -.
This position requires the applicant to meet Agency standards and
criteria which may include passing a pre-employment criminal
background check, prior to being offered employment by the
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the high volume of
applications, we do not accept telephone calls and cannot reply to
all email inquiries. Only candidates selected for interview will be
Keywords: Texas Education Agency, Austin , School Improvement Specialist, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!