SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Nurse you
want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you
to join St. Davids South Austin Medical Center, a facility that is
part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA
At St. Davids South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your
needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental,
and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to be a
part of our team.
The Registered Nurse (RN) utilizes the nursing process to direct
and deliver comprehensive nursing care to patients on an assigned
unit in a safe and proficient manner according to individual
patient needs. Provides direct patient care based upon South Austin
Medical Center Hospital Standards of Care and Standards of
Practice, Polices, Procedures and Practice Guidelines. Provides
guidance and supervision to Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN),
Nursing Technicians, Nursing Assistants and Unit Secretaries.
He/she acts as patient and advocate with the Hospital environment.
Assumes Charge Nurse responsibilities and accepts assignments on
other units when necessary.
1) Complete and thorough assessments are performed and
documented using the nursing process at the time of patients
admission, and as needed, based on patient condition and Hospital
policy. Patient care is delivered in accordance with assessed
2) Plans for care, including discharge planning, are written on
all assigned patients. Care plans are based on assessments and
patient care standards, and are documented on admission. Plans for
care are reviewed at least daily and revised as patient conditions
and needs change.
3) Documentation is consistent, complete, thorough and legible.
Documentation includes the outcome of nursing interventions and
4) Patient care is administered based on Hospital and
Departmental specific standards of care and practice.
5) The RN involves the patient and/or significant other(s) in
the patients care. Education/instruction are provided specific to
the patients health care needs and age requirements.
6) Administers prescribed medications to patients in accordance
with Hospital policies and practice guidelines.
7) Physician orders for all assigned patients are reviewed as
new orders are written, transcribed accurately, dated, timed,
signed and noted.
8) Physician orders are carried out accurately in providing
direct patient care. Assures that other departments are notified of
orders and services are needed.
9) Accepts only physicians verbal or telephone orders in
accordance with practice guidelines. Orders are written accurately
to include date, time and physician giving order.
10) Notifies the Charge Nurse and/or physician of changes of
patient status as appropriate.
11) Considers age-related factors/limitations in the education
of patients. Applies knowledge and principles of age-related
factors appropriately in teaching situations.
12) Ensures patients right to privacy and confidentiality.
13) Assumes responsibility for the nursing care of assigned
patients. Patient care activities are organized and
14) Contributes to the smooth functioning of the Unit by
offering help to other staff members. Assists with patient care
functions beyond those assigned.
15) Provides accurate and pertinent patient information reports
to the Charge Nurse and to the oncoming shift to ensure continuity
16) Performs Unit-specific responsibilities such as narcotic
counts, crash cart checks and cleaning of equipment and work
17) Performs venipuncture, administers and maintains IV fluids
and IV medications in accordance with Hospital practice guidelines.
Correctly labels, calculates and regulates the flow of IV
solutions. Documents pertinent information related to IV
18) Prepares patients for surgical and other invasive
19) Performs routine post-op care in accordance with Hospital
20) Prepares patient and performs pre, intra, and post procedure
care as appropriate.
21) Maintains competencies required by Hospital, Unit and
22) Maintains safe, effective working knowledge of
23) Maintains a working knowledge of the crash cart, emergency
equipment and code procedures.
24) Performs basic life support (CPR) when necessary.
25) Takes into consideration the spiritual, psycho-social,
cultural and religious preferences of the patient and family when
participating in care.
26) Demonstrate understanding of HCAs and Patients First safety
initiative by strict compliance to all safety protocols and
27) Performs other tasks/duties as assigned or requested.
28) Organizes and maintains cleanliness of patient rooms and
St. Davids South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St.
Davids HealthCare, is a 334-bed acute care facility offering a
range of complex specialties and sub-specialties, including a
nationally accredited oncology program with the areas only adult
bone marrow transplant program; a trauma program that includes a
Level II trauma center to treat the most severely injured and
critical patients; a comprehensive cardiac program; full-service
maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers
in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered
Nurse opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly
qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the
possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
A minimum of 1 year of RN experience required
At least 2+ years of Surgical Services experience preferred
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATIONS!
Active Registered Nurse license by the Texas Board of Nurse
Examiners required. If compact license held, RN is required to
obtain a Texas RN license within 90 days of their hire date
Current BLS certification required
Current ACLS certification preferred
Our Companys recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.