Position Type :
Full time Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education) Education
Bachelor of Computer Science Travel Percentage :
25% Job Description
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Documents and publishes appropriate architecture principles
and standards, position papers, blueprints, best practices,
patterns and frameworks.
• Defines, constructs, supports and provides training for
• Defines and maintains a library of functional component models
within and across FIS product lines.
• Documents functional product solutions for key FIS product
strategy and product management initiatives leveraging defined
functional component model libraries and the defined product line
• Documents functional product solutions for key FIS financial
services sales opportunities leveraging defined functional
component model libraries and the defined product line architecture
• Maintains a catalogue of reusable functional application
components consumable across applications and product lines.
• Reviews functional and technical designs to identify areas of
risk and/or missing requirements.
• Acts as tie breaker on design decisions.
• Documents and communicates opportunities to leverage
inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or
infrastructure asset re-use and opportunities to expose application
assets for enterprise consumption.
• Communicates system architecture to technical and business
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or the
equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Post-graduate education desired.
Requires the following experience or equivalent combination of
education and experience as a minimum to enter any level of IT
• Must have led technology direction for multiple projects and
led or presented architecture concepts outside realm of immediate
• Demonstrated experience as application development system
designer or technical lead on many “very large”, i.e., 10,000 hours
or more spanning more than 6 months projects
• May also require one or more of the following experience
• Five or more years working in a distributed and heterogeneous
computing environment (ZOS, UNIX, Windows)
• Five or more years demonstrated experience in working with
relational (and/or hierarchical) databases
• Five or more years demonstrated experience in modern software
• Successful design and implementation of applications in a
shared service bureau environment
• Experience in building On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP),
batch and reporting systems
• Experience in using Unified Modeling Language (UML) for Object
• Experience in building robust and scalable infrastructure
architectures (telephony systems, network services, web farms,
multiple-node systems, etc.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of FIS products and services
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• In-depth knowledge of end-to-end systems development life
cycles including waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches
to software development
• Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition
disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and
techniques including conceptual solution component models, business
process models, use cases, etc.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to
technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the
organization, e.g., executive, management, individual
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team
and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small
projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Positive outlook, strong work ethic and responsive to internal
and external customers and contacts
• Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher,
mentor and coach
• May require a thorough understanding of design patterns and
• May require a thorough understanding of Model-View-Controller
design patterns for web applications
• May require a fluency in developing and understanding sequence
diagrams, class models, etc.
• May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing
platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and
systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Advanced professional role. Highly skilled with extensive
proficiency. Focuses primarily on one of the four architecture
disciplines typically within a single business group. Uses best
practices and knowledge of technologies and processes that are
appropriate for the architecture discipline the incumbent is
assigned to improve FIS products and/or services. Works
independently and receives minimal guidance. Serves as a resource
for less experienced peers. Wide latitude for independent judgment.
Represents a job level at which career may stabilize for many years
or potentially until retirement. Typically requires twelve or more
years of systems development experience with five or more years as
an engineer or systems specialist.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all
personal information that we process in order to provide services
to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects
personal information online, please see the Online Privacy
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information,
national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here
supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply.
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be
required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this
job description care was taken to include all competencies needed
to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of
the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA
reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests
will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a
relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment
agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies
which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible
for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our
employees, or any other part of our company.