We Are Blood has been drawing Central Texans together since
1951. As the exclusive community blood supplier, we serve over 40
hospitals and medical facilities in a 10 county area. Our mission
is to provide and protect the community blood supply, to inspire
Central Texans to save lives locally, and to always treat everyone
we serve as family. When you work here, you’re a vital part of
helping to ensure that all Central Texans have access to
life-saving blood when they need it!
We are currently seeking a part time Phlebotomy Technician I to
determine donor eligibility, perform phlebotomy techniques, and
manage adverse donor reactions at our Lamar blood center.
• Providing outstanding customer service to donors, coworkers,
guests and contracted partners to ensure the best possible donation
experience and working environment.
• Processing and accurately documenting allogeneic, autologous,
directed/dedicated, and therapeutic whole blood, double red cell,
platelet, and mononuclear cell donations according to SOP:
registration, medical history interviews and vital signs,
• Responding to donor reactions according to SOP: Identify/treat
symptoms, monitor/perform vital signs and accurately document the
• Maintaining all equipment and the donation site by performing
daily quality control processes, routine/preventive maintenance,
assembly/disassembly, and housekeeping procedures.
• Assist in maintaining adequate inventory levels in conjunction
with donor recruitment and hospital services to ensure platelet
collection goals are met.
• HS diploma or equivalent.
• Experience in phlebotomy and/or taking vital signs is
preferred; certification as a phlebotomist, medical assistant, EMT,
paramedic or LVN is a plus.
• Possess excellent customer service and interpersonal
• Able to communicate effectively with team members and blood
• Basic computer skills needed.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
• Must be able to work part time schedule Monday, Friday 8
am-5:30 pm, Saturday 8 am 3:30 pm and Sunday 10 am- 3:30 pm.
Must be able to work part time flexible hours, including
LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Interested in our organization, but not this job? Check us out
our website to find out how you else you can be a part of our
Part time schedule