Server Solutions Architect
Posted on: September 16, 2020
About the role
We are on a very exciting journey to continue and sustain the
growth of Arm's server and networking market. The Infratructure
Line of Business is looking for top talent to grow the team and
make key contributions to accelerate the development of Arm-based
solutions in this new market. Come see if you have what it takes to
change the industry.
An opportunity to shape the future of data center solutions from
cloud to edge with an innovative company and growing team. The
Infrastructure Line of Business in Arm is a cross-functional
technical and commercial team that engages multiple levels in the
data center value chain through the Arm partnership. The team
drives our datacenter system architecture and our product and
solutions roadmaps combining hardware IP into SoCs, and optimizing
the combined software and hardware solution for key applications
like data center SoCs, SmartNICs, DPUs, and disaggregated storage.
This team has the ultimate objective of driving Arms market share
in cloud data centers and edge. The team provides technical
leadership for interactions with key semiconductor partners, OEMs,
ODMs, Operators, and eco-system partners.
What will I be accountable for?
As a Server Solution Architect, you will:
- Develop and optimize future Arm reference architectures and
compute platforms for emerging datacenter, SmartNIC, DPU, ML, and
disaggregated storage and memory applications.
- Engage with end customers such as hyperscale operators, silicon
vendors, ASIC and foundry partners, and others to understand and
lead an Arm-defined vision for data center use-cases, requirements,
risks and opportunities.
- Architect state-of-the-art solutions leveraging Arms wide
expertise in architecture, design and open source software.
- Evangelize Arm solutions with Arm partners and wider industry,
at conferences and other public venues, demonstrating both maturity
of vision and technical leadership.
- Represent Arms interests at industry forums and technology
working groups with goal of enabling widespread adoption of Arm
- Support Product Managers on next-gen requirements and customer
adoption of technology.
- BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
(other degrees will be considered with relevant work
- Thorough understanding of datacenter architecture, processors,
storage, and networking.
- Strong understanding of the cloud native software stack for
- 7+ years related work experience as a server SoC solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with system performance benchmarking
- Experience working in a customer-facing role
- Ability to lead cross-functional architecture and/or
- Knowledge of Arm architecture and eco-system
- Experience driving industry standards
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our
unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work
together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors
are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
We, not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
---Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work
back from there.
---Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
---Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share
information with those who need it.
---Care about the people around you.
Passion for progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to
---Work with pace and judgement. Adapt to circumstances.
---Take risk in support of Arm's progress.
---Be accountable for the decisions you take. Learn from
---Pursue innovation relentlessly.
Be your brilliant self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
---Seek and embrace differences.
---Encourage curiosity and challenge.
---Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you
to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arms goals.
Keywords: ARM, Austin , Server Solutions Architect, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!