Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research
services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses,
foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research,
technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located
at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington,
Westat has an immediate opening for a Project Manager to join
our education studies team focused on building the capacity of
clients to plan and implement continuous improvement efforts
related to scaling evidence-based best practices.
This role may be located in Austin, TX or Rockville,
• Support project teams to successfully design comprehensive
work plans that will build the capacity of our clients to improve
their work and education outcomes.
• Develop and manage multiple project schedules and budgets.
• Support multiple project teams simultaneously.
• Support project teams to report to multiple stakeholders
including the client, project director, evaluators, corporate
officers and project sponsors.
• Support subject matter experts and multiple, often
cross-functional staff, sub-contractors and partners to deliver
on-time, high-quality products and services.
• Identify and mitigate risks in high-profile projects.
• Master's degree in business, education, economics, public
policy and/or other social science relevant field.
• 15 years of experience, with at least 5 years of experience
managing high-profile cross-functional projects and teams.
• Training and/or certification in project management (e.g.,
• Experience with project management scheduling software such as
MS Project or Smartsheet
• Prior experience within the Education industry.
• Experience with cloud-based document management and
collaboration tools such as Box, Teams and Trello.
Candidates should have excellent written and verbal
communication skills, strong organizational skills and the
capability to handle multiple tasks while working in a team
Westat offers competitive benefits with ESOP, 401k, Health,
Dental, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, professional
development as well as other benefits.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of
acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if
required for the position, based on the specific position which may
include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or
criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status,
sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender
identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.