Architect, Data Intelligence
Posted on: June 28, 2020
The Data Platform at Blackbaud is a core domain service that
enables engineers and data scientists to store, discover, enrich,
and use data across Blackbaud. This scalable and performant big
data platform supports data science, data enrichment, research,
modeling, machine learning and data analysis as well as making data
operationally able to be consumed by Blackbaud's products and
The Data Platform Architect sets the technical direction that
assists engineers and data engineers to take on large, complex data
problems/initiatives. This role has considerable technical
influence within the Data Platform, Data Engineering teams, and the
Data Intelligence Center of Excellence at Blackbaud. This
individual acts as an evangelist for proper data strategy with
other teams at Blackbaud and assists with the technical direction,
specifically with data, of other projects. The Data Platform
Architect has wide-ranging experience and extensive knowledge in
all parts of our data platform and major parts of our data
engineering tech stack, serving as strategy and process owner of
significant components of our data architecture. This role provides
high-level guidance, technical mentoring, and influencing technical
direction within the Data Teams. They are also creativity leaders,
finding alternatives and new approaches to difficult problems and
application of data and insight.
In addition to the technical architecture responsibilities this
role will help craft the vision for how Blackbaud's Data Strategy
helps nonprofit organizations be more effective raising money and
facilitating their visions.
What will I be doing?
- Develop and direct the strategy for all aspects of Blackbaud's
- Defining how legacy products integrate data to newer
- Set, communicate and facilitate technical direction more
broadly for the Data Intelligence Center of Excellence and
collaboratively beyond the Center of Excellence
- Build data access strategy to securely democratize data with
the data lake and enable research, modelling, machine learning and
artificial intelligence work.
- Keep current on technology: distributed computing, big data
concepts and architecture.
- Help define the tools and pipeline patterns our engineers and
data engineers use to transform data and support our data science
- Architect design patterns that support data ingestion, data
movement, transformation, aggregation, machine learning, data
science, and much more.
- Design and develop breakthrough products, services or
technological advancements in the Data Intelligence space that
expand our business
- Work alongside product management to craft technical solutions
to solve customer business problems.
- Set and achieve annual and quarterly Objectives and Key Results
- Own the technical data governance practices and ensures data
sovereignty, privacy, security and regulatory compliance.
- Promote internally how data within Blackbaud can help change
- Continuously challenging the status quo of how things have been
done in the past.
- Other duties as assigned
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 8+ years of software and/or data engineering
experience (specifically data focused or SaaS based products)
- Strong understanding of Cloud Big Data and Pipeline
- Experience with technologies such as Azure Data Lake, Hadoop,
- Direct solution experience with message bus and Data ETL and
- Expert in Big Data design patterns and implementation, as well
as connected domains (real-time streaming, machine learning,
- Experience with Spark/Databricks that include Scala and
- Knowledge of security protocols such as OAuth
- Professional experience enabling Data Science with the proper
data and platform
- Proven expertise in both batch and real-time processing models
- Experience with continuous machine learning development and
- Have experience integrating multiple data sources into a common
set of data assets or common data models
- Professional experience employing asynchronous, loosely coupled
- You are comfortable executing autonomously in the face of
- You possess the growth mindset ("the code I just wrote should
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive
salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K
match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities
to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs
like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for
Diversity 2019, Forbes America's Best Midsize Employer 2019, and
AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are
rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on
teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous
company culture, encouraging open, collaborative working
environments in all of our offices around the world, including;
North America, Australia, the United Kingdom and Costa Rica.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies
to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in
Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn
Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin,
Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental
disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by
federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency
resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Blackbaud, Austin , Architect, Data Intelligence, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!